Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Question and Recipe Share....

A HUGE Thank You to everyone who has visited my blog! Thank you SO much for your wonderful comments - I'm truly blessed! Someone asked about which Cuttlebug embossing folder I used in the Christmas Thank You card. It's this one here.

I was also asked to share my Ginger Snap recipe :0) so here it is (poor Wahinelei was up at 4 a.m. - I hope you get a good sleep soon!)

GINGER SNAPS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 centigrade)

3/4 cup soft butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup molasses

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

extra granulated sugar

Method: Cream butter/margarine and cup of sugar well. Beat in egg , add molasses and mix well.

Stir dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture, mix. (I usually have to add a tiny bit more flour to stop the dough from being quite so sticky!)

Roll dough into 1 inch size balls, roll in granulated sugar.

Place on greased cookie sheet (you don't need to flatten) and bake for 10 - 12 mins. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to cooling rack.

Makes about 60.

ENJOY :0)

Hope this finds you all having a blessed day!

4 comments:

Wahinelei said...

Thanks Nerina for your quick response! Im hoping to catch up on some sleep when my DD goes down for her nap. I'll try out the recipe next week with my son when he is out of school. I can't wait to smell ginger snaps baking!

Heidi said...

Oh these cookies sound wonderful Nerina! Thank ou for sharing the recipe!!

BethieJ said...

Nerina those sound WONDERFUL!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Happy Holidays!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a beautiful card! Love the shimmer & bling :) Thanks for the recipe!