Saturday, January 30, 2010

2S4Y Sketch - Laura's Sketch 44

There is something rather exciting about having fresh stamps that have never seen ink :0) When my Sewing Box Hugs arrived from WaltzingMouse, I knew that the "Wee House" would be the most challenging image in the set for me to create with.

However, when I saw this sketch by Laura, I thought the little house's time had come! The sketch could be interpreted very literally, with a perfect spot for the cottage to take centre stage.

I had a lot of fun putting the image together. I used patterned papers from Basic Grey's "Urban Prairie" paper line for the cottage walls and the rolling hill, glazed the little windows with Glossy Accents and then lightly applied Star Dust Stickles over the glaze for a little shimmer. The roof was watermarked with a zig-zag pattern and mounted on dimensional foam. The door was watermarked with twill, the chimney with bitty squares and the sky with polka dots. I couldn't resist a dinky little rhinestone for the door handle :0)


The card base was stamped with one of my new all time favourite stamps - the knitting from "Faux Fun". I was initially dismayed to see that the sentiment bled slightly into the background ink - but realised that it actually looks embroidered with the odd little stray fibre escaping from the embroidery thread! Perfect serendipitous moment:0)!



Materials: Stamps - All WaltzingMouse; Cardstock, Button, Twine, Aqua and Black Ink - Papertrey Ink; Patterned Papers - Basic Grey; Walnut Stain and Antique Linen Distress Inks, Stickles, Glossy Accents - Ranger; Flower - Prima; 3D foam - 3M; Dies - Spellbinders

I had a LOT of fun with this challenge, and really appreciated the chance to participate - thank you Kazan and Laura!

Best wishes to anyone who pops by :0) Have a fantabulous weekend!

ETA: I KNOW it is bad manners to brag shamelessly - but I just don't win things often enough to take it lying down :0) I was soooo excited and utterly STUNNED to be mentioned in the 2S4Y Fab 5 for this card! Thank you so much - that REALLY made my day!!!

29 comments:

Monica said...

What a cute card!! :-)Love the house!

peggysue said...

That is the sweetest thing! I love the patterned paper choices, it looks wonderful!

Heidi said...

That is so sweet Nerina! I didn't order the knitting background and now I'm sorry! I'm so glad you found Claire's stamps. They're wonderful!

Rhonda said...

Hi Nerina, Great take on the challenge. Love this stamp and your new background.

Deb C said...

So pretty! And I love the background stamp. I *just* ordered that set from Claire and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thanks for sharing your lovely creation and inspiring me.

Heather P. said...

How adorable is this?! :) Love that little scene you created, and the colors are wonderful!

Terri said...

Nice job! Looks like quilted it.

Sharron said...

This is so pretty! That background stamp is great! I haven't ordered it yet but it is definitely on my list. Love the colors!

Laura Davis said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

mom2christopher said...

Wow, that stitching looks real...at first I thought it was! Thanks for entering your card this week at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

Melissa said...

This is so sweet! I love that background stamp--I'm hoping to place an order with Claire soon!! Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

So sweet! It reminds me so of the wool penny rugs and mats that I love to make and I'm sure it took way less time and looks just as warm and welcoming. Great job!

Diane Jaquay said...

Another homespun beauty Nerina! Just wonderful!!

Cheryl Nelson said...

this is just as cute as can be!! love the homespun look!

Smita said...

Love the house... it is so cute and so very beautifully created!!

Hugs,
Smita

Quilter422 said...

you are making me want that knitting stamp - i just love versatile backgrounds like that one! both cards (this post and the prior one) are just gorgeous.

Aimes said...

Oh so sweet - I love your take on this challenge it really does look stitched!
x

Rhonda said...

Congrat on making the FAB 5 for this beautiful card!!!! YEA!!!

Kim said...

That is super cute! I love all of the stamped backgrounds and detail.

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute! congrats on fab 5!

Heather P. said...

Whoohoo, Nerina! Congrats on making the Fab 5!! :)

Sharron said...

Wow, congratulations on your win--really great job!!

Katie {aka choc0holic} said...

Beautiful! Congrats on making the Fab 5! You're definitely deserving!

¤*¤Marinette¤*¤ said...

Oh qu'elle est belle, bravo pour cette splendide carte

anya said...

Nerina, this is a fantastic card! I love all the little details! Great job!

Lori said...

WOW Nerina!!!! You sure did a fantastic job with the challenge, the card is so sweet!!! You are going to make me buy some of these stamps!! *wink*

Cammie said...

Nerina, this is wonderful! It really lookes like applique.

Julia Aston said...

Love this card! what great colors and bg stamping! great use of this fun stamp set!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love this card! It is so cute and so stitchy! Isn't it fabulous when a mistake turns out to work in your favor!!! Love how the sentiment looks stitched.