Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Melissa Phillips "Creative Mint" Challenge....

O.K. I'll admit it! I'm playing this challenge JUST because I wanted an excuse to be able to post this picture on my blog :0)!! Melissa Phillips challenged us on this post to come up with a project made using THIS PHOTO (drumroll please) as our inspiration:



Isn't it beautiful!??! ............sigh. This picture was taken from the Creative Mint Blog and you can see what inspired this photo in this post here......and the amazing news is that you can post this beauty on your blog too - if you link back to where it came from.....sigh some more......

Now where was I.

Oh yes - inspired :0)!!


I found the photo almost ethereal, so kept all of my colours quite muted. Wanting to try and create some of the softness of the 'fur', I tore my paper edges. I tried to add some of  the feeling of the tone-on-tone embroidery by dry embossing, and layered and heat embossed vellum over the lilac paper, which softened the colour still more. By zig-zagging the strips on the ends, the Plum Pudding was also softened - and I felt the stitching tied in with the embroidered shoes.......


This may have been the first time I used both rhinestones and pearls on a card together - it looks very soft, shimmery and yummy in real life.....the strip of Scor-Tape and Prisma glitter along the bottom adds just a subtle shimmer. The bottom edge of the card is punched with a Fiskars punch  with  a strip of lilac paper on the inside of the card to show this edge off, when the card is closed........


Materials: Cardstock and Swirl Stamp - Papertrey Ink; Sentiment - WaltzingMouse; Embossing Folder - Provo Craft; Flowers - Prima; Silver Thread - Janlynn; Pearls and Rhinestones - Kaiser; Vellum - Studio K; Versamark Ink

I layered two Prima flowers and then a button laced with silver threads. More subtle shimmer in reality!

Melissa, thank you for the challenge - what a gorgeous photo! I felt good all day after looking at it :0)

Thanks to everyone who took time to stop by - have an awesome day!!!

20 comments:

Jennifer K said...

Nerina, you outdid yourself! This card is simply beautiful. Love your interpretation of the photo.

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Oh my.... yhis card is really amazing! Beautiful, I really love it!!

xoxo

Heather P. said...

How beautiful! Looooove your take on the inspiration, it's truly fantastic! :)

Noora said...

Girl!! u rock!! what a beautiful card! love it all...its so soft!

Rhonda said...

So feminine and beautiful. Excellent job!

Sue Ann said...

Love it!!! Very soft and so so beautiful!!!

Petr@ said...

What a beautiful card, absolutely stunning!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh wow, this is breathtaking! All soft and purpley and glittery, sigh... You really did a wonderful job with this challenge!

Sue in Grapevine said...

Just lovely!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a beautiful card! I love how it looks so soft and dreamy. You did a great job in interpreting the photo. I've yet to try it or even think about what to do. It is a great challenge.

Melissa said...

Ohhh my! This card is drop dead gorgeous! Makes my little heart go pitter patter...beautiful in every way. Thanks for sharing and playing along.
Melis

Katie {aka choc0holic} said...

This literally took my breath away! What a beautiful card!

Barbara said...

Totally GORGEOUS! Oh, my, I am in LOVE!!!

Terri said...

Very pretty! I am hoping to get some time to make something for this challenge too.

Cammie said...

Nerina, this is absolutely stunning!I think ethereal excellently captures the essence of the photo and your card.

Sharron said...

Nerina, this truly is one of those photos that take your breath away. And you did it justice with your stunning card! Love all the beautiful details!

Sherry said...

WOW! This is really fabulous! You really did a terrific job.

BethieJ said...

Nerina this is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE your take on the photo she shared!!!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Simply gorgeous, Nerina.

acreativemint said...

Wow -I love the stitching and the muted palette -your card is beautiful! Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog!