Saturday, January 2, 2010

Papertrey Scraps

Nichole Heady challenged Papertrey's Senior Design Team to get creative with their scraps - and then extended the challenge to everyone else too :0)!

Here is my favourite way to use up scraps at the moment - little bits of patterned paper, for backgrounds and scraps of plain paper used as die cuts. If you are a fan of Dawn McVey you may recognise this card layout from her post here - I haven't changed it very much. (Check out the totally cute antennae for the butterfly too - that's also Dawn's genius!) Presently I'm making a little stash of these as a "go to" bundle - the sentiment can be used for just about everything - and they are sure to brighten up anyone's day!


And one in blues....


I have an absolute passion for Green Tea Leaves paper at the moment (YUM!)

Materials: Cardstock, Stamps, Ink, Patterned Paper, Button and Twine - Papertrey Ink, Butterfly Die - SU!, Border Punch - Fiskars; Distress ink and Blending Tool - Ranger; Embossing Folder - ProvoCraft
Thanks for the challenge Nichole, and for the inspiration, Dawn!


To anyone who pops in - as the cards say "Hope Your Day is FABULOUS"!! :0)

16 comments:

Paloma Gomez said...

I love both, but more the second

Heidi said...

Both cards are beautiful Nerina! What a great stash of cards--you'll be ready for anything with these cuties! I love the Green Tea Leaves too. I save every little scrap of it to use on another project.

Babies- Beth said...

Oh, great! Butterflies work for evry occasion, too!

*LittleMissT* said...

I absolutely adore these cards, they're beautiful!!

lynn said...

love both versions!

Kim said...

Gorgeous! You are making me want that Green Tea paper. Can you believe I don't have it yet?

Diane Jaquay said...

Ooooh, I LOVE these! The butterfly is so pretty!

Sue Lelli said...

Love the butterflies and the two different color takes on this! Very PRETTY!

Karin said...

Just beautiful, outstanding and clean looking cards!!!! Love them, and yes, that paper is perfection!

Julia said...

These cards are just fantastic. A very talented lady!!

Shirlann said...

Beautiful way to use your scraps...lovely! I hope to get a few done this afternoon to participate.

Caryn said...

This is stunning and JUST the kind of style I am aiming to acheive with my new year pledge to be less busy with my cards. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and for your kind words of support.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Regan said...

wow...i love them all!

Helen F. said...

This butterfly is gorgeous. Love your cards and the color combos are beautiful, Nerina!

Terri said...

Nice job on all of them! Great way to use up scraps.

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful cards, Nerina! I just love the butterflies and green tea leaves paper! It's one of my favorites, too!