Wednesday, January 20, 2010

With Sympathy....

I met someone in town who couldn't find a sympathy card for a friend who was going through more than one person's share of trials and heartaches...and offered to try and make her one instead.

I used an image from Waltzing Mouse. The tree in this set is so beautiful and I find the sentiments so meaningful.



I wanted to keep the design really simple and just added a little extra twine and some stitching for texture.



Materials: Tree Stamp - Waltzing Mouse; Cardstock, Ribbon, Twine, Sentiment - Papertrey; Punch - Fiskars; Rhinestones - Kaiser

The lady who needed the card is really happy with the result - and I'm really thrilled I was able to help her!

Thanks for stopping by! (Extra hugs if you're a Peep!!)

:0)

15 comments:

Aimes said...

Oh this is so beautiful! Your stitching on the ribbon adds lovely texture and your bow is gorgeous. It's always hard to make a sympathy card but you've executed it perfectly!
x

Angy said...

I am a peep and I just have to say this is a very simply elegant card. I just received this set and I have to break it in. Love the tree and sentiments. Beautifully done!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Peep... peep! :-)

Your card is gorgoeus! Very elegant!

xoxo

Linda said...

Your card is lovely and how wonderful of you to do this for someone else - so caring and considerate.

Rhonda said...

What a sweetheart you are!!! Extra hugs for helping someone else! The card is just perfect.

Sharron said...

Your card is so beautiful! And you are so sweet to help someone out. The tree is perfect (love this set) and the color, stitching and bow all help to make it very special. Hugs!

Terri said...

How nice of you to help that lady out. The card came out great! I am sorry it was for such a sad occasion though.

Heather P. said...

This is so lovely, Nerina!

Lori said...

Nerina this card is SO pretty!!!! How thoughtful of you!!!

Tammy said...

Nerina, this is a gorgeous card. So many things I love about it, first being the stitching on the ribbon. I must remember that. I also love how you made a bow with the twine to lay over the ribbon bow. I know the recipient of the card will feel "lifted" after receiving this.

¤*¤Marinette¤*¤ said...

your card is just FABULOUS, une magnifique créations bravo Nerina

Cammie said...

Nerina, this is such a wonderful card. I love the stitching on the ribbon. I'm sure both the giver and recipient of this card will be grateful for your thoughtfulness.

Ingrid said...

Simply gorgeous, Nerina.

Kimberly said...

HI Nerina, This is lovely. It's really nice of you to help out. I'm sure your both frend and the recipient were comforted.

peggysue said...

Elegant and simple, so perfect for your need. Nice extra touches with the rhinestones and the stitching.