Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2S4Y - Kazan's Sketch # 45

The sketch this week was something pretty new for me. I have only made 1 other circular card before in my life :0)!

Initially when I saw Kazan's sketch I thought of a beautiful bloom overlapping the side of the circle somewhere - but when I saw Sarah Martina's gorgeous card in the DT line up, I decided my attempt would probably just look like a faint little echo by comparison!

So I went for something different.

This little birdie once again, hails from my Sewing Box Hugs stamp set. I raided my scrap paper folder, and came up with all sorts of bits and pieces for this card - and I can't remember where any of them came from except the Heart - which is a bit from Basic Grey's Lime Rickey collection!!


I foam mounted the birdie wing and the right hand blossom for a dab of dimension, gave the birdie a rhinestone eye for some personality, crackle glazed the blossom centres and popped in some pearls for interest and used Glossy Accents and a little smear of Stickles over the heart - to keep it the focus of the message.

Materials: Stamps - WaltzingMouse, Sentiment - Papertrey, Basic Cardstock - Papertrey; Dies - Spellbinders; Glossy Accents, Crackle Accents, Distress Inks - Ranger; Rhinestones and Pearls - Kaiser; Ribbon - Offray, Other - Thread

The background was stamped with a knitted texture from "Faux Fun" and the sentiment is from Papertrey's Everyday Button Bits.

When I was working on this card I kept having a niggley memory of someone's kitchen. I can't for the life of me remember whose - but the little dab of red gingham ribbon is a nod to that :0) 

Thank you so much for stopping by! And THANK YOU to the hard working ladies of 2S4Y, who make it so much fun to participate in their challenges!

Have a goodly day!

18 comments:

Rhonda said...

Nerina, I hadn't stopped by 2s4u this week yet. Love your card. This sets just seems to speak YOU!! I love it.

mom2christopher said...

So very cute! Love the stamps you used! Thanks for playing again this week at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

Sylvia said...

Your card is so sweet. I actually thought it was fabric, detail is so nice! Great idea! Truly lovely.

Heather P. said...

How cute is this, Nerina?! Soooooo adorable!! Love the colors, and the layout is super fun! :)

Cammie said...

Nerina, another fun applique card. This looks like you've spent hours piecing and sewing fabric! Love all the little details you added.

Terri said...

This came out great! I love circle cards.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a pretty card! Love the detailed stitching around the edge. You are making me want this stamp set!

Sharron said...

Love what you have done with these WM set! The stitching and layering makes it perfect!

peggysue said...

I love the detail on your card, so pretty! I think the circle card turned out very well.

Angie Tieman said...

HOw cute!! Love the look of all that stitching!

Jennifer K said...

Very cute card - love the tid bit of gingham ribbon!

Lori said...

I don't think to make round cards, you did a fantastic job with the challenge!!! I love birds so I love this card!!! Pefect sentiment!! :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh dear! This is so amazingly cute!

Kazan Clark said...

hi gorgeous card :) LOVE it

Cheryl Nelson said...

this is soosososoooo fabulous!! LOVE it!

Kimberly said...

This is lovely. I love all of the different patterns and colors you incorporated into the flowers and birds.

Angy said...

Nerina, this is so pretty, love all the colors and textures.

Claire Brennan said...

very cute card Nerina! so dinky!