Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Photo Inspiration - a Personal Challenge....

Hello Friends! I'm away this week, but scheduled this post so the blog-o didn't lie dormant! Some of you may remember Melissa Phillips issuing a Photo Challenge a while back. The picture came from a site called A Creative Mint - a site I have haunted quite often since then :0)

When I saw this picture I felt really inspired.


You can read more about it in this post on the blog site.

I love this picture. I love the mix of delicate pink with the wood, the creamy whorly texture on the cushion, the floral buttons, the handmade textures in the shawl, the packaging at the bottom with nature prints. There is a deep inner satisfaction that comes over me when I look at this. So I decided to use it to make a card.....



The knitted texture is inspired by the shawl, the flowers by the whorl shapes and the buttons, the leaves by the nature prints....the colours speak for themselves....


Materials: Flower and Leaf Stamps, Cardstock, Ink, Ribbon, Button and Twine - Papertrey Ink, Knitted stamp - WaltzingMouse, Pearls - Kaiser; Die - Spellbinders

I have another interpretation coming....but need some new stamps to get it done :0) (Such a great excuse don't you think?!) Heeee!

Thanks for stopping by! I will catch up with you soon - just need to get home again!

Have a FABULOUS day!!

ETA: The new stamps have arrived - so I hope I get some time to play with them while I'm away :0)

14 comments:

Angy said...

Nerina, so pretty! Excellent interpretation of that photo inspiration. Love it!

Heather P. said...

This is soooooo beautiful!! Love it, Nerina!

Hope you're enjoying your vacation!! :)

Rhonda said...

Beautiful!!

Nancy L. said...

its beautiful!!

Melissa said...

Nerina, this is so very beautiful! I love how you captured the delicate feeling I get when looking at the photo! I'm going to try this challenge tonight. Hope you've been peeking at the new PTI goodies while you're enjoying your trip!

Cammie said...

Nerina, I love your interpretation of the photo. So sweet and delicate. Like your reasoning for new stamps. When a girl has a creative idea, she's got to follow through! Hope you're enjoying your trip.

Sharron said...

Nerina, this is so beautiful--so soft and delicate! You truly captured the essence of the inspiration photo. Hope you are having a wonderful trip.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Such a pretty card. Love the softness of the flowers in the pale pink.

peggysue said...

What a beauty and it uses my favorite colors. Truly lovely Nerina, thanks for sharing.

Terri said...

Very pretty. Hope you are having a nice time on your trip.

Lori said...

Oh Nerina, this card is SO pretty!!! I just love ths color combo, I need to remember this one!!

annheidel said...

This is beautiful! I love the soft colors and the layered flowers, as well as the shaped diecut on the top.

¤*¤Marinette¤*¤ said...

J'aime, j'aime, j'aime elle est vraiment trop belle, bravo

Aimes said...

What a fabulous interpretation of the photo - so soft, subtle and beautiful!
I hope you're having a fab trip and have a safe journey home!
x