Thursday, February 25, 2010

Scheduled Post #1

Hellooooo Peeps! I thought I'd schedule a few posts for while we are away - problem is, I haven't had much time to create lately :0( ! I'm already looking forward to being able to create again...sigh. I'm *so* sorry not to have had more time recently to catch up with what you have been doing!

My first card is in honour of the February Papertrey Blog Hop!


I'm sad not to be able to play, because this month we honour the Papertrey Design Team - and they REALLY should be honoured! Always soooooo much inspiration from them.

Dawn is a true inspiration to me! I never get tired of her beautiful cards - and there is something about them that just makes me HAPPY! I always just feel an inner lilt when I look at her creations. With cards like this one - (the super-duper-cute : Hoarding = Bad, Crafting = Good card), she inspired this card I made for my daughter....



I love the way Dawn uses bows on her cards and kept this one fairly small. I also love her solid, but creative compositions.

Heather Pulvirenti inspired the frosting on the cupcake - with her use of Diamond Dust. Absolutely awesome....



I used Heather Nichol's new pastel paper and the Petal Power background stamp here.....

.....and another look at the frosted cupcake - it really does look like sugar!



Thank you to Dawn for the ooooooodles of inspiration which just keeps coming and coming, and to Heather P for the gorgeous frosting idea ;0)

Have a glorious day people!

Best wishes to you all!

10 comments:

Heather P. said...

This is totally gorgeous!! I love the soft colors you used to put this together, and your cupcake looks so delicate. Thanks for the little shout out, you are too sweet, chica!! *Hugs*

Nancy L. said...

so pretty!!

Jennifer K said...

It's a beautiful card, Nerina. Love the glitter!! Maybe one of these days I'll be brave enough to use it. :)

Rhonda said...

Nerina, This card is so sweet! love your take on the inspiration and the frosting idea from Heather.

¤*¤Marinette¤*¤ said...

Qu'elle est belle ta carte, un grand bravo

Cammie said...

This is soooo pretty! I ordered this set because of that cupcake. It's just too cute. That glitter does indeed look like sugar sprinkles.

Sharron said...

So very pretty! Your cupcake looks fabulous--love the glitter! Truly looks good enough to eat!

Terri said...

Super cute! Hope you have a great time on your trip.

peggysue said...

Oh you have some of the new papers, this is absolutely scrumptious. I would order that set for the cupcake alone.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your card is so pretty! Love all the bling added to it.