Monday, March 8, 2010

Scheduled Post #2

Helloooooo Peeps. By this time I know I'll be WISHING like crazy that I was part of all the hum on the forum...getting ready for a new release......

I'm popping on a card today that was heavily inspired by Nichole Heady. I had actually wanted to submit this for the final GSS that Papertrey was holding in February...but life turned out otherwise. I think of Nichole when I see this stampset and these colours...


I used the Petal Power background on this card again....YUM - it's gorgeous!



Colouring in the odd flower like this is an idea I got from Sarah Martina - she used it in Papertrey's January Blog Hop - and it blew me away!



I stamped the dots in the background around the flower freehand, added Martha Stewart micro-beads in the flower centre and coloured the petals with prismacolor pencils. The flower centre was also accented with Stickles glitter glue and Ranger "Glossy Accents" was used on the petals.

If you're popping by in my absence here - THANK YOU! :0) have a totally amazing day!

13 comments:

Nadine said...

Nerina your flower is so beautifully done! The coloring and details are gorgeous. I also love the layout of this card.

Missing you on the forum but hope you are enjoying yourself wherever you are. I'll try and leave you some goodies when you return! ;o>

Carol's Ink Spot said...

A beautiful card! I love all the details you have on it.

Sharron said...

Nerina, your card is beautiful! Love all the sparkles and the micro-beads look like a perfect addition. I have never used them and now have seen them twice today. Looks like something fun to try! Hope you have been having a good vacation.

Rhonda said...

We are missing you Nerina! This card is lovely. The details are delightful.

Lori said...

Absolutely gorgeous Nerina!!!

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is just gorgeous, Nerina!! Hope you're having a great time visiting!! :)

peggysue said...

Nerina that is bee-yoo-ti-ful! I like everything about it! I have such trouble using microbeads, you used them wonderfully well.

Terri said...

Very nice! I especially like the colors and how you broke the flower up. Hope you are having a great time on you trip.

Cammie said...

Nerina, love this layout and the shimmer. How cool are those microbeads? You are such an enabler.LOL. Wishing you more wonderful times as you travel.

¤*¤Marinette¤*¤ said...

absolument géniale, très élégante

Aimes said...

WOW! This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the attention to detail, the delicately coloured bloom is just stunning! I can see Nichole loving this!
Travel safely and hope to see you round soon!
x

Angy said...

ONE WORD for you - GORGEOUS!!! 'nuff said.

Quilter422 said...

oh, my look at the detail you added on that big flower! it really takes a simply pretty card into the realm of gorgeous!