Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Happy Card :0)

Hello Peeps! How is everything with you today? It's a gloomy day here. One of those days where it promises to rain but never seems to get around to doing it. (I like rain actually!) And I'm waiting for some goodies in the mail .... but those never seem to get around to coming either. So what do you do? Well, I decided to make a "Happy Card". Just take some glorious colours and put them together in a goodly happy mix! The composition for this card is taken from 2S4Y - Laura's Sketch #50, this week. I really loved the unexpected asymmetry of it. So here goes .....


I'm not usually an orange person ... or a lime green one. Maybe that should change :0) The colours on this card truly DO make me feel happy!

Materials: Polka Dot Stamps, button and base cardstock  - Papertrey Ink; Sentiment Stamp - Hero Arts; Flower  - Prima, Scallop Punch - Fiskars; Rhinestones - Kaiser; Gold Twine - Offray; Distress Ink - Ranger; Corner Rounder - EK Success; Ribbon - Michaels; Embossing Powder - Zing; Patterned Paper - From my stash - sources unknown (sorry!)

So there it is for today! I wish you all a VERY HAPPY day, no matter your weather and your post  today too :0) !!

15 comments:

Heather P. said...

Oh, Nerina, I LOVE this! What a totally gorgeous and HAPPY card!! Simply perfect...

Thanks so much for playing along with us at 2S4Y this week! :)

megspaulding said...

Nerina, this card is gorgeous! I love the colors and the sketch is great too! Nice job!

Sue Ann said...

As always .......... beautiful!!!!

Ingrid Danvers said...

The colors make me happy too. What a beautiful card, Nerina. Great take on the sketch.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Yes, that is a very happy card! Love the colors you have on it. And I too love it when it rains. I love the sound of it hitting the roof. So I'm praying for rain this weekend instead of snow showers! :o)

Terri said...

Definitely a happy card. Love those colors together too! Hope the rain goes away soon.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is GORGEOUS Nadine! Absolutely LOVE those colors!!

Kathy Martin said...

Sweet card! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

very pretty! love the happy, bright colors!

resmith said...

This is so pretty! I love your colors.

Sara Mac said...

What a bright, cheery card! Love the colors together. Isn't it nice to stretch yourself in cardmaking?

Laura Davis said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Jennifer Carter said...

This is beautiful! I love how you added the orange! It is gorgeous!!

Sherry said...

I ADORE this!! It is truly happy....super great colors!!

Shiloh said...

I love all the bright colors! Very fun catd!