Friday, April 30, 2010

Mouse Birthday Part Deux :0)

This post follows hot on the little heels of yesterday's! It seems that we have entered the period of seasonal colds and flu's and I'm needing get well cards! So I used the sketch that Claire shared on her blog yesterday to make another card. (P.S. Check out Claire's blog for an amazing Challenge and fantabulous prize!!)


These dinky chickies are from Waltzingmouse's "Lil Buddies" set :0) I chalked them and then detailed them with Prismacolor pencils. The shadow underneath them is done with Copics. I stamped the sentiment from the "Lil Buddies" set and used the Polka Dots from "Off Beat Backgrounds" on the yellow backing.



The feathers up on the top left are from a new set by Hero Arts. I've been dying to use them on something - and here they are :0) The little flower is die cut from vellum, using Papertrey's Beautiful Blooms II dies and the leaves are from their "In Bloom" stamp set.



This is the sentiment (also "Lil Buddies") on the inside - with another little feather for emphasis!

How are you all doing? Enjoying spring? I think the entire blog-o-sphere has slowed down a little these days - and hope it's because everyone is having a wonderful outdoorsey kind of life!

Take care - have a really great day!

13 comments:

Terri said...

Very cute! Love the background too!

Kathy Martin said...

This is just the CUTEST! Love the design, colors and that adorable chick image! Oh and the sentiment...PERFECT! :)

Amy said...

I think this is such a cute card!! I love the inside with that feather!

Keva said...

That is the cutest little chicken stamp ever! I love the stamp set, love the inside, and really love your design.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Too Cute! Love those little chicks. And I'd better get a move on to enter Clair's challenge!

Rhonda said...

Nerina, That is a cute stamp set. The feather inside really sets off the sentiment.

Laurie said...

Oh this is soooo cute! I love the colors and the velum flower!! The inside stamp is adorable too! I love the detail in that feather stamp! So neat!

Barbara said...

Oh, this is just too cute! I love it!

Heather P. said...

This is totally darling! I love the little chickies, and the way you added the feather to the inside sentiment is awesome! :)

Sue Ann said...

This card is so darn cute I can hardly look at it!!! I mean totally over the top cuteness !!!!!

Mariana said...

Way cute, I love those sentiments!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Awe! What a darling card! That vellum flower is gorgeous!

Cammie said...

What a sweet card! Love the feather inside with the sentiment!