Friday, April 23, 2010

Something Different...

This weeks 2S4Y sketch, just keeps playing on my mind. I think it may be one of my favourites yet. I have already played once this week, but this idea was so completely different I got out my stamps and craft things to play again!


This was a REALLY tough card to photograph. The butterfly is stamped with "Old Paper" Distress ink by Ranger  and then chalked for the colouring. (Yes, I know that chalk is considered so 'yesterday' but I still love the soft effects one gets with it :0)


Matrials: - Cardstock, Twine, Button and Brown Ink - Papertrey Ink; Dogwood Stamp and Sentiment - Hero Arts; Floral Butterfly Stamp - Fancy Pants Designs; Butterfly Die - Sizzix for Stampin Up!; Distress Ink - Ranger; Chalk - Craf-T products; Pearls - Kaiser; Ribbon - Michaels

Hero Arts has recently released a series of stamps, which includes some old botanical 'etchings'. They're so beautiful. I decided to try and keep the feeling of an etching intact for this and play with the simplified butterfly for some relief from the monochromatic colour scheme.

I also had to try some ruffled ribbon. Been admiring that so much lately! (Check out Heather's blog - she's really great with this technique - yummo!)

Thanks for stopping in! Are you playing the Papertrey Blog Hop on Sunday?

Have a fantabulous evening!

11 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Nerina! Love the mono look on the kraft. Very classy. Enjoy the weekend.

Cheryl Nelson said...

perfectly beautiful!!

Latisha said...

Very pretty.

Heather P. said...

Teehee, we were sharing the same brain today! I made a card using that very same stamp set! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22464815@N04/4546320252/)

Love, love, LOVE your card, it is seriously stunning, my friend! Wow!

Kathy Martin said...

What a gorgeous card! I LOVE dogwood trees! We have three in our yard! :)

Sharron said...

Wow, I really love your card! Dogwoods are one of my favorites but don't do well where we live now. I miss seeing them each spring.

Laura Davis said...

What a beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!|
Laura

Terri said...

Nice job. I especially like the ruffled ribbon! I am planning on participating in the blog hop tomorrow.

peggysue said...

Oh Nerina this is so lovely, I am such a fan of the old botanical etched style stamps but I don't think I've ever used them in this way, stamped on kraft to help just preserve the lines of the image. They look great!

Cammie said...

I love the antique etched style of this card. And I love the dogwood stamp. We actually have a dogwood festival here each spring.

Susan said...

WOW! Love the dogwood background! And the butterfly is such a sweet touch to this beautiful card!