Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring!

Hello to anyone who pops in ... this post is quite random actually :0) There are the most gorgeous sights outside at the moment. Spring is here, and I just wanted to share it with my blog!


I'm astonished at how tough these apricot blossoms are! They were covered with snow and came out of the ordeal with almost no damage at all. It still looks like we will have an apricot crop this year!



This is an astonishing shrub in the garden. For one month of the year it looks like a Bridal party, all by itself! It's a double flowering plum. It doesn't bear fruit, but does attract an incredible profusion of sweet, pudgy bumblebees (my favourite insect :0)



The branches are absolutely COVERED with these exquisite little blossoms!

I hope that spring has found you, wherever you are. Also I hope that you have the time to enjoy it :0)

Have a glorious day!

4 comments:

Cammie said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. I love watching the progression of blooming plants in the spring.

Quilter422 said...

beautiful pictures, and oh my! that double plum is just gorgeous.

Rhonda said...

Beautiful Nerina! I love the plum blossoms.

Terri said...

They are beautiful!