Monday, April 19, 2010

To Tanzania...with Love

This is a card I made for one of the children whom I write to in Tanzania. She is always draws me the sweetest pictures imaginable....


I tried to create a Betsy Veldman feel to it. I really LOVE her style, but find it so hard to emulate.

I am slightly restricted in sending items to my sponsor children, as they should contain paper ONLY (to avoid customs and duties). This one contains a little strip of ribbon and some rhinestones - I hope they let it through! Without that restriction I would have used some lovely buttons, or maybe popped up something on foam dots, instead of these punched flowers - they weren't ideal!


Materials: Stamps, Cardstock, Ink, Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; Dies - Spellbinders; Corner and Flower Punch - EK Success; Rhinestones - Kaiser; Crystal Glitter - Stampendous; Other - thread.

Thank you so much for stopping in :0)

Have a truly lovely day!!


10 comments:

Anika said...

Definitely has a Besty-feel to it! I just love the colors, the glitter and those corner brackets!

Jennifer Carter said...

How cute! I just love the bright colors and the sparkly cupcake!

Jennifer K said...

I think you did quite well trying to emulate Betsy. I love her look as well and don't hit the mark nearly as well as you do. This card is just so "happy" and I'm sure your child in Tanzania will be thrilled to receive it.

Melissa said...

Yes, this is so fun, beautiful and definitely in the style of Betsy! I'm sure your little friend will love it!

Sharron said...

SO VERY PRETTY! This is such a sweet card. I bet the glittery cupcake will be a huge hit!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a happy, bright and lovely card you have made. It certainly has that feel of a Betsy V card. I hope this makes it to your little girl too.

Terri said...

Great job! I can see Betsy's style in it. What a sweet thing to send that little girl. I bet she will love it! I hope it makes it too!

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous, Nerina!!

Rhonda said...

I really like this card. Super sweet!!

Cammie said...

Oh, this definitely has a "Betsy look". It is absolutely charming and will make one special child very happy.