Friday, April 9, 2010

Tons of Gratitude, CASE-ing Nichole and a Happy Landing :0)

Hello everyone! THANK YOU so much for all the love you left for me while I was away! I can't believe how sweet you were to come by!!

We had a wonderful time seeing family. Some memories are sweet, some are a little sad. All of them make up life and I'm grateful for it all.

One of the most fantastic times we had, was spending some time with my brother in England. He is totally and completely one of my MOST favourite people in the whole world. He is absolutely brilliant, creative and funny...... but also truly compassionate and understanding. I love him to bits!! He took us walking in the glorious British countryside:


Yes, the grass was REALLY that green :0)



The trees hadn't started budding yet, and the trunks had an amazing mossy hue....



Gorgeous ivy - so beautiful!



The colours haven't been touched up with photo editing software - that's really them! (Aimes I can't believe what you have on your doorstep there - wow!!)

So after a walk like that, making my brother a card naturally tended toward this:



All Products - Papertrey Ink

This card is cased from the incredible Nichole Heady. I played around with various colour interpretations, but none of them seemed right compared with the walk itself. I think this keeps the idea intact, without trying to compete with the colour saturated world we were immersed in!

I discovered on our return that Peggysue had issued a challenge for us.....to case Nichole Heady. However we weren't allowed to use the same stamps Nichole had used on the card in question....so my brother's card was out!

Here is the card I chose to case:



Isn't it gorgeous??!! You can see the original post here.

And here is my VERY HUMBLE interpretation of it:



All Products - Papertrey Ink

One little detail of the bow in the corner....



I used Guidelines I, instead of the Botanical Background that Nichole used. And substituted a bow for that gorgeous flower. (But not for long.....I was totally smitten with that die set :0)!!

Thank you for stopping by - and for patiently wading through this long post! It's so great to be back and I really want to catch up with what everyone else has been up to.

Blessings to you for a totally fabulous day!!!!

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

Nerina, I'm glad you are back. Love both cards. Great job on the challenge.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Nerina, welcome home. Thank you for sharing those amazing pictures from your walk in an English countryside. So beautiful! Love your cards. The last one is a so pretty. I like how you did not extend the ribbon the entire width of the card and added the bling on the end. Very nice.

Terri said...

Welcome home! Looks like a wonderful place to visit. Great job on the cards too!

Cammie said...

Nerina, thank you for sharing photos of the gorgeous English countryside. Those trees are such beautiful sculptures. Speaking of beautiful--your cards--such elegant simplicity. I love your take on the second card--with guidelines and the simple bow and gems.

Sharron said...

Nerina, so glad to have you back home and sharing your creations. Your pictures are wonderful--thanks for sharing! It looks like such a wonderful landscape. Love both cards! Your challenge card is perfect--so simple and delicate.

Aimes said...

Hey Nerina! Wow, you really put in perspective what I have on my doorstep LOL! In fact, we've just returned from a gorgeous, sunny, woodland walk - thanks for reminding me not to take it for granted!
Your cards are BEAUTIFUL! I love the one for your brother, such a simple layout but sooooo effective! Your CASE of Nichole is gorgeous too - loving that lil' touch of bling!
x

Nadine said...

Welcome home Nerina! Gorgeous photos, wish I was there with you. Your cards are fabulous, love that you used Guidelines as your background! :o)

peggysue said...

Welcome back! Nice to have you! My girls and I talk about going on a girls only trip to England/Ireland one day, your pictures make me want that even more! And such a pretty card with the Through the Trees set, don't the birds just pop in red? And your CASE is so delicately pretty too.

Heather P. said...

YAY! So glad you made it back safely, we missed you! :) Love, love, LOVE these photos, the colors are just stunning!!

Angy said...

Oh, Nerina this is so pretty! Great job.