Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Avocado and Turquoise

My last post ended with this picture...which I found so gorgeously yummy!


This photo was posted on "A Creative Mint" and was found in the 1 June 2009 blog post.

I hadn't originally planned on creating a card for this picture - but ended up finding it soooooo inspiring, and posting in on my blog in the last post, felt like the last straw - it just HAD to be played with.....

So here is my interpretation:



This was a LOT of fun! I ended up applying sequins to the scalloped edge - and filling the holes with Platinum Stickles for some real blingy-bling-bling :0) The spring moss flourishes are also glittered! I know this has yet ANOTHER vellum flower on it - it seems to be a phase I'm going through. (Maybe I'll grow out of it one day .... or just run out of vellum :0) Heee!

Materials: Cardstock, Scallop and Flower Dies, Damask  and Flourish Stamp, Ink - Papertrey Ink; Gold Leafing Pen - Marvy Uchida; Glitter - Stampendous; Ribbon - Michaels; Brad - Making Memories; Label Die - Spellbinders; Sentiment Stamp - Hero Arts; Stickles - Ranger

There is a bit of detail added with a gold leafing pen to tie in with the gold embossing around the flower.

Thanks for stopping in! I love sharing the fun and the joy of this creative process with you!

Have a happy day! :0)

7 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very Pretty and you have captured the photo splendidly. Love those colors together. Your flower is beautiful too.

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, fabulous details!! Awesome job with the inspiration photo, your card is simply lovely! :)

Meredith said...

Beautiful card, and beautifully made! The detail is perfect, and the crisp lines where the ribbon folds over the edges... :-)

Amy said...

What a lovely card!! Don't stop making those flowers.....I enjoy seeing them! The rhinestone center is the perfect touch!

Terri said...

Great job! I like that photo too. I especially like how you used the Damask image and the flower is perfect too.

♥♥Marinette♥♥ said...

Superbe ta carte, j'adore ces jolies couleurs

Ingrid Danvers said...

What a fab card! It's gorgeous.