Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blue Butterflies...

Hello Peeps!

We are waiting for someone to arrive - who may be interested in working as a business partner with my hunkadorus - which would be a REAL answer to prayer for us here! Sorry not to have visited with you at your blog yet - I'll be there soon!

Here is another card I made while we were away - all with Hero Arts Stamps.


The large butterfly image was originally brought out as a digi stamp (I posted a pic of a card using the digi image here. (That was before PTI cardstock and inks - ooooh, I don't miss those days at all :0)!!! Now the image has been incorporated into a set of clear, etching style stamps - all quite delicious! Yummo!

I coloured the image using a combo of chalks and Prismacolors. It was then heat embossed with a kaleidoscope embossing powder - the end result yielded an image that is almost holographic - quite cool! Don't you love it when an experiment turns out well?!

Materials: Cardstock, Ink, Buttons - Papertrey Ink; Stamps - Hero Arts; Ribbon - Offray; Chalks - Craf-t products; Pencils - Prismacolors; Embossing Powder - Stampendous

The small butterflies and vine images are also stamped. I stitched everything together to try and add a little texture to the design - which is quite geometric.

Thanks for popping in! Hope you have a very goodly kind of day :0)

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

A beautiful card Nerina. I like all the stitching. I'll send a prayer that the business partnership gets the green light too.

Diane Jaquay said...

Lovely card Nerina!!! The butterfly is so pretty, and I love the soft colors and all of the stitching!

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty card! Love all the stitching and that gorgeous butterfly! :)

Christina said...

So beautiful, Nerina! I love that gorgeous butterfly and the cool blue color.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty card. Love the butterfly!

Terri said...

Very pretty! I love main butterfly too!

Heather P. said...

This is soooooooooooo gorgeous! Oh my word, I **LOVE** that butterfly!!

Aimes said...

sooooooooooooooooooo pretty! Your stitching totally rocks but it's those butterflies that have me gasping out loud! Beautiful!
Hope your meeting goes well ;D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kimberly said...

Nerina, that butterfly is stunning! Jumps right off the page. I love it!

♥♥Marinette♥♥ said...

Magnifique carte, ce travail de couture dessus est vraiment fantastique, bravo Nerina