Monday, May 3, 2010

An Inspiring Life...

Hello!! I'm hosting the Papertrey Peeps Challenge over on the Peeps blog this week. No surprises that I have chosen to use photographs from "A Creative Mint". I find Leslie's photographs - things from our real world - (much of which we see in our regular lives) so incredibly beautiful and inspiring!

The challenge gives you the choice of going to the blog site, or chosing from one of the 4 photos which I have posted on the Peeps blog for your inspiration.

I have chosen 2 pictures - from the same ones I showed in the challenge on the blog, and made a card for each of them.


This utterly beautiful photograph was taken from the 25 September 2009 post. I absolutely LOVE the fluffy texture of the petals, the fresh contrast between the yellow, white and green and the unexpected flash of blue in the tablecloth....

Here is what I was inspired to make:

All Materials Papertrey Ink

I stamped the leaves with polka dots, used a gold leaf pen for the lines and popped up the background with 3D dots for some added interest -


I felt completely inspired by this photograph too:

As you can see flowers are on my mind at the mo - maybe it's spring?? :0) These flowers are found in the 17 January 2010 post.

Materials: Cardstock, Buttons, Flower Dies; Ink, Leaf Stamp - Papertrey Ink, Flourish Stamp and Sentiment - Hero Arts; Patterned Paper - K&Co; Pearls - Kaiser

I added pearls to the buttons, around the flowers and stamped on vintage text paper for the sentiment:


(This card was also inspired by the Sketch posted at the "Papertrey Paper Dolls" at the moment ... )

Why not take a peek at the Creative Mint post for 15 June 2009 - Titled "Peach, Pink, Gold and Orange"? (Gorgeous colour mix there - one of the pictures made me think of you, Carol!!) Or if you're feeling really creative in a different way, how about looking in at 25 January 2010 - for "Inspired by Oranges and Lavender" ?!! :0)

One last thought before I go -


This was posted on 1 June 2009 - "Playing with Avocado and Turquoise" .... and look at the patterned fabric in the background and the bling in the foreground..... mmmmmmm!!

WOW - I think I feel a card coming on :0)

Have a truly inspired day - and MANY thanks to "A Creative Mint" from where the inspiration has flowed!!

21 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, my! I'm still picking my jaw up from the floor! Your cards are gorgeous! The flowers you made are stunning! Your color combo is (sigh) so pretty! I can think of so many other words to describe your cards, but I'll leave some for the other comments that I'm sure will be coming. If PTI ever needs another designer, I nominate you!

Terri said...

Great job on both of them. I love her photos too. Looking forward making something for this challenge too!

Angy said...

Stunning! Can't wait to play along. such gorgeous samples to inspire us. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara said...

OMGosh! Gorgeous pictures and your cards are just as gorgeous!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Wow....your cards are so gorgeous. Love them both, Nerina.

Heather P. said...

Holy mackerel, these are simply GORGEOUS! Wow, chica!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fantastic inspired cards Nerina!!! I love both cards!!! Hope to get a chance to play in the challenge!!! Hugs ~S~

Kathy Martin said...

My goodness...these cards are so beautiful! Love the floral prints and stitching! :)

Amy said...

First of all, your top card uses a color combo of spring moss and hawaiian shores.....very nice!!!
Second, thank you for playing with the "dolls" this week! Your take on the sketch is fabulous.....the papers you chose are so vintagy!

Sue in Grapevine said...

That Thank You card is fantastic! I definitely want to CASE it.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What beautiful cards you have created. Those photos are stunning. Now to look at the blog and get going on your challenge and also Cammie's!

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow Nerina, those flowers are TO DIE!!! I love both cards, but the second one is over the top fab, the colors, the stitching, just WOW!

resmith said...

Oh my!! What a couple of gorgeous cards! I love the flowers in the second one and the colors.

Kimberly said...

What a great challenge! Your takes in the inspiration pieces are so inspiring. I am loving the combo of Hawaiian Shores and Spring Moss in the first one.

Cammie said...

You've given us a wonderful challenge. I love the delicate flowers you have made. The HS ribbon on the first card is so striking. And the vintage papers of the second are fabulous. Nerina, visiting your blog is always a treat.

Dana said...

Oh Nerina, those vellum flowers are simply gorgeous! I'm in lvoe with your first card...it's just beautiful.

Sharron said...

Wow Nerina, your cards are GORGEOUS!! Wonderful color combos and your vellum flowers are so very pretty! So many great photos to choose from for the challenge--it's sure to be a lot of fun!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Very inspiring cards. I love that last photo I might have to make a card using that for inspiration. Thanks for the inspiration.

Noora said...

Nerine! can u see I am droolin like every where? and its ur faul!! such beautiful cards..excellent job!!

Suzanne said...

These are so beautiful, Nerina!

Lee Anne said...

I'm overwhelmed! These are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Dolls this week!