Sunday, May 23, 2010

Masculine Card

Well, here is another shot at the dreaded 'guy card' thing. Somehow or another with all of the luverly goodies available to put onto cards, trying to leave them OFF for the guys is another kind of talent altogether! I must admit that this was inspired by Ted Mattos again - who just keeps his guy inspiration comin'. Thanks Ted!



I'm really enjoying cutting out leaves for some odd reason at the moment. (Yeah, I have another card on the burner - with more cropped leaves to debut here shortly :0)

I stuck the large leaf spray to the base cardstock, but popped the smaller spray up on pop dots for some dimension. I do like the way that it turned out.


Materials: Cardstock, Leaf, Sentiment, Text Stamps, Buttons, Twine, Green Ink - Papertrey Ink; Woodgrain Stamp - Hero Arts; Distress Ink - Ranger, Brads - Making Memories; Ribbon - Offray; Dimensional Dots - EK Success

I stamped a little bit of Text Style over my woodgrain background for some added interest and added a couple of brads for more dimension and interest in the top right hand corner.

Thanks for the thoughts from those people who sent them regarding my husband's potential business partner. We spent a few really wonderful days with this man and his wife and made 2 new friends - whom we hope we will see as a more regular part of our lives - business wise. But whom we will go and visit no matter what they decide to do in the future - we just enjoyed them so much :0) We have had a truly blessed time.

Hope your weekend is progressing well. Counting down days to the PTI bloghop here - are your projects ready :0)!!??

Best wishes to you all!

10 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Wonderful card! LOVE the woodgrain stamp! :)

Jennifer K said...

LOVE this, Nerina! I think my favorite part is the woodgrain background with the small patches of Text-Style.

Ted said...

Wow, Nerina... to be honored by a shout-out is one thing but to be honored with such an incredibly beautiful card? That's something else altogether! You are certainly patient enough to cut out those leaves. :) This is gorgeous and that woodgrain is awesome! :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Another fabulous masculine card! Love the background.

Diane Jaquay said...

Nerina, this is one seriously EXQUISITE card!!! You amaze me with your talent gf!!

Christina said...

Stunning, Nerina! I love the woodgrain background combined with Turning a New Leaf, and your placement of elements is just perfect.

Rhonda said...

Love the woodgrain with the text! So wonderful. The simple hello is perfect.

Amy said...

Wow!!! Your card is awesome with those cut out leaves!!!! I made a card using these sets too just last night but I did not cut out my leaves!!! My card closely resembles yours too!! :)

Terri said...

You are doing a great job with the masculine cards! I am loving the woodgrain background on this one too!

Heather P. said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Is there anything you *can't* do?? :)