Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Card

Hello Everyone! How is this week treating you?

This weekend celebrates that wonderful day known as Mother's Day - I hope for all of you Mums out there that you will be spoiled rotten :0)

I was so taken by this card, which Anya made the other day. It inspired me to make something completely different for a Mother's Day card, which I wanted to share with you....


I really liked the stamp set which Anya was showcasing - but my craft money this month went to the tax man (booohoooo!) so I turned to the "Take a Bough" stamp set from PTI to do my interpretation.

The flowers are stamped with a little blossom from "Honey Bee" (also an oldie) and I then set about embellishing the card with little French Knots.


Cardstock, Ribbon, Ink, Stamps, Scallop Die - Papertrey Ink; Floss - DMC

I finished off the stitching with a few dots done with a Pale Olive Copic marker, to add a bit of life to the card, and a handwritten style sentiment - that to me is what it is all meant to be about :0)

Hoping you're having a good one, and enjoying the lovely days around you!

My heart and thoughts out to those people who have been affected by the terrible flooding in the United States. I'm absolutely awed at the volume of water that you are dealing with and truly hope that you and your loved ones are safe!

22 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

I love this! Thos flowers are so sweet! Are those beads or French knots? this card is so feminine and pretty! :)

Sharron said...

This is so very pretty! So soft & feminine--I love the flowers you chose and the added french knots!

Dana said...

This is so pleasing to the eye Nerina. I too admired Anya's card and was compelled to purchase that set! I wish I had seen your card first...you were so clever to make it your own with sets you already own. Very pretty.

Lisa V. said...

Nerina, your card is just so soothing. The colors, design and sentiment are just perfect.

Sara Mac said...

Nerina, this is absolutely beautiful! I love the blossoms you stamped with the branch. Your bow is gorgeous!

Keva said...

That is such a sweet and soft card. I love everything about it.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Elegant, beautiful and delicate looking.

Jennifer K said...

Oh my heavens, Nerina! This is one gorgeous card. I love how soft and delicate it is and the French knots are such a neat touch. Love it!!

Rhonda said...

Such a pretty card. I'm grateful to you! So glad to have cyber friends.

resmith said...

This is so pretty!! I love your color combo.

Heather P. said...

This is totally AMAZING! Just look at all those knots! You blow me away with your knack for such perfect details. :)

Sue Ann said...

Nerina this is fabulous ....... simple and BEAUTIFUL!!!

Barbara said...

Just gorgeous! Such a girl card!!! I love how you did the branch--I don't have this set but now I might have to get it!

pattylt said...

Such a soft, feminine card. I love it. Such a great sentiment and focal to match! Love how you got creative to come up with your own version and love how you used the little flower then added the french knots. Perfect!

Robin said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors and the ribbon and all the little details.

Melissa said...

This is gorgeous, Nerina! I love the little french knots--so dainty!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Nerina, this card is SO pretty. I love the soft colors. You have such a beautiful style. Love your work.

Terri said...

Very pretty! I love the soft colors and the french knots are a great addition too!

Baseret said...

This is so soft and pretty. I love your little french knots.Your bow is tied so perfect.WOW!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so lovely and delicate and feminine, I just ADORE it :)

Jennifer Carter said...

Love, love, love it!! You did such wonderful things with this! It is beautiful! The design is so pretty, but the branch with the flowers...perfect!!

Laurie said...

Nerina, this is beyond gorgeous! I love it! I saw it in the PTI gallery and just couldn't take my eyes off of it! Thanks for sharing!!