Friday, May 7, 2010

Moxie Fab Trigger Tuesday

This week's Tuesday Trigger really was a funny experience for me. I have had a little piece of green paper - stamped with polka dots, sitting in my craft room for 2 weeks. It was meant to go onto a project I had in mind ... but then things changed (like they sometimes do :0) and I sat with this pretty spring moss rectangle that just made me feel good when I looked at it - but with no place to call home!

So when I saw this gorgeous, HAPPY, purse picture (above) submitted by Nina Brackett for the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger, I thought the little green rectangle could have a card to call it's own...(its the one on the top :0)


(Incidentally, don't you find Spring Moss and Hibiscus Burst the two most difficult colours to photograph? Aaaaagh!)

Anyhoo ... The Spring Moss is stamped with Versamark, the Ripe Avocado initially with white and then with Spring Moss to give a more green hue to the spots. The flowers were punched with a daisy punch and the petals were snipped in half to try and make them more dainty. 

Materials: Cardstock, Polk Dot Stamps, Ink, Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Clear Tile Stickers - EK Success; Sentiment Stamp - Hero Arts; Flourish Stamp - Fancy Pants; Large Daisy Punch - Marvy Uchida; Small Daisy - Family Treasures; Glossy Accents - Ranger; Versamark

The zig zag flower centres were stamped with an image from PTI's Beautiful Blooms. The centres were punched with circle punches and then covered with tile stickers. 

I stamped the sentiment onto the ribbon with Versamark and heat embossed the image to keep the focus on the flowers and added a swirl in Versamark ink to the base of the card.

It was important to Nina, that the bag which she had chosen as the Trigger, was handmade. The stitching around the edge of my card was in tribute to this sentiment.

Thank you so much for popping around! I hope you are having a delicious Friday - the weekend is coming up Peeps!! Woohoooo! :0)

13 comments:

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Really love the colours on this, but I really, really love that tied end on the ribbon, great finishing touch!!

Kathy Martin said...

So beautiful! Did you make those awesome colorful flowers? WOW! I just love the zig zag stitching! :)

Jennifer K said...

That bag is so awesome! I wish I was funky enough to carry something that cool. lol Your card is so fresh and fun. You can't go wrong with those colors and polka dots. I love your strip of ribbon across the front and tied at the side - it's the perfect finishing touch.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty card! I love your flowers.

♥♥Marinette♥♥ said...

Merveilleuse, ces fleurs sont très belles, bravo Nerina

Keva said...

Wow!! This card is a beauty! I love it all...every bit of it. I'm going to have to try that stitching at some point. Great great card...a favorite of mine.

Ingrid Danvers said...

Nerina, your card is beautiful....as always. Love the design, and I love how you stamped the sentiment on the ribbon. What a great idea! Great take on the challenge.

Jennifer Carter said...

WOW!! I am loving this!! I love the polka dots on top of the flourish and those flowers are gorgeous!!!

Terri said...

Great job! Love the colors and the flowers!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Heather P. said...

This is sooooo gorgeous, just look at those amazing flowers! :)

Melissa said...

This is amazing, Nerina! I love all the details especially the dots and flourishes and the flowers, wow!!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, look at those colors!!! Awesome, and I LOVE those flowers!