Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pink Polka Dotty Tea Party

I have seen so many people playing along at the Shabby Tea Room - and I just LOVE the name of that site. I truly appreciate Rachel Ashwell's contribution to interior decorating - and I'm passionate about tea. A match made in heaven :0)

Although the site doesn't require Shabby Chic style cards, I wanted to try and create one. This week (challenge 11) the theme was a  Polka Dot Tea Party - isn't that fun?


So I pulled out my PTI and a couple of stamp sets from Hero Arts and went to work :0)



I started with a vine image on my base layer - followed by the polka dots and a text stamp on the upper layer. The teapot is spritzed with Glimmer Mist for a little extra dimension, the vellum flowers have silk embroidered roses as centres, the butterflies have a sprinkle of glitter and I used sheer ribbon, to keep things light.


Materials: Cardstock, Ink, Flourish, Tin Types, Polka Dot, Vine, Teapot, Leaf and Butterfly Stamps, Button, Flower Dies - Papertrey Ink; Label Stamp - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Sentiment and Text Stamp - Hero Arts; Label Die - Spellbinders; Punch - Martha Stewart; Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels; Chalk Ink - Clearsnap; Vintage Ink - Ranger; Rhinestones and Pearls - Kaiser; Ribbon - Offray; Glitter - Stampendous; Other - Thread; Silk Ribbon - Source Unknown

I overstamped the sentiment with a flourish and a hint of the Tin Types background as well. Some rhinestones and pearls rounded off the design :0)

This was a REAL challenge. I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to play along and stretch my comfort zone! A big Thank You to the ladies who make this possible.

Thanks to everyone for popping in! I hope you are being blessed by a wonderful day :0)

16 comments:

Debbie said...

WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!! This is just amazing! For 'not' doing shabby too well, you hit a home run on this one! I simply {heart} everything about your lovely design. The PTI Tea For Two is one of my all-time favorite sets! All that pink and all those layers of embellies ... just wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us all this week in the Tea Room :)

Lisa said...

WOW I agree with Debbie! If I was judging, you would win and yes I did enter my card already and I love yours more! LOL For someone who does not do shabby, you nailed it with this card! Well done!

Deb said...

Such a pretty card.I love it and the flowers are so delicate,beautiful.

Rhonda said...

Oh so pretty!! Beautifully created. Shabby chic at its finest.

Audrey Pettit said...

This is gorgeous! You did a fabulous job with the "shabby" style. Truly love this! Thanks for playing along with us at the Shabby Tea room.

Michele Gross said...

I heart your card! I love the little bit of bling and the frilly flowers, very very pretty!!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW Nerina, this is SO lovely! All the fabulous layers of vintagy goodness come together beautifully! My favorite part of the card are those GORGEOUS flowers!!!

Amy said...

I think this is JUST GORGEOUS!!! You did such a good job making it "vintagy"!! Every single element looks to be well thought out and came together beautiful!!

peggysue said...

Nerina this is bee-yoo-ti-ful!!! I love it!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow! This card is SUPER sweet! Love the vellum flowers, stamped tea pot....the many details! :)

Terri said...

Nice job! I especially like the flowers with the little roses in the middle. Glad you decided to play along.

Cammie said...

Nerina, you make me laugh! I think you can do any style. This card has so many beautiful details!You're right on the mark with a soft vintage card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a gorgeous card you have made! I love the stitching and the teapot in pink! And the pretty vellum flowers are so dainty looking. Sure looks like a winner to me!

Heather P. said...

*sigh* This is just gorgeous, Nerina! I am SO loving the colors you used, and all the little extras are *perfect*.

Marge said...

Shabby perfection!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!

Angy said...

Amazing job! And I see you just got Honorable Mention for it...so awesome! Meant to play along myself but was busy with another project!