Friday, May 28, 2010

Red, White (& Green?)

Hellooooo Peeps! First off - thank you to Lori who is filling in to post a challenge for the Peeps this week :0) Great challenge Lori!

I also wanted to play in another challenge - hosted by Sharon Johnson at "No Time To Stamp" (Who are also sponsoring the Shabby Tea Room Challenge this week!) And I'm so glad they are because that's how I found the No Time to Stamp site - with all that delicious yummy ribbon and beautiful DP! Inspiring!

Lori challenged us to use Red and Green in a non-Christmas card. Sharon challenged her players to use the colours of their country's flag - I'm in Canada, which limits me to red and white only (so my card cheats a tiny bit!).

I originally had a glorious confection in mind and headed into my craft room - only to find that the patterned papers I thought I had weren't there?! So weird. Did I dream them? See them on someone else's blog-o? I really don't know. LOL anyway - all was not lost and here is the rather-different-than-planned CAS card that came out of my dilemma in the end!


As you can see I added in some smokey shadow and black ink too (but they're neutrals - so they're allowed right ? ;0)



I always love adding in a 'detail' shot - but I don't know that this one adds a lot to what you can and can't see :0) It has been really overcast here for 3 days - so I'm glad to see the shine on those pearls anyway :0)

I hope you're all having a super Friday - and that you have a beautiful weekend planned!

Happy Memorial Day to all of those Peeps in the U.S.A.!

(Materials - Stamps, Cardstock, Ink - Papertrey Ink; Ribbon - Offray; Pearls - Kaiser)

11 comments:

Aimes said...

Nah, that's not cheating Nerina, it's being creative with the rules ;D
I like your detail shot, definitely brings those pearls to even more life!
Such a beautiful and simple card - I love those pearls, they add that fabulous finishing touch!
Have a happy weekend!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lori said...

Nerina this card is gorgeous!! WOW!!! And no, neutrals don't count *wink*

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty Nerina! I love how you stamped the word "always" many times behind the main panel!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty Nerina! I love how you stamped the word "always" many times behind the main panel!

Deb Neerman said...

Very pretty!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's Stamp Simply "Flying High and Proud" flag color challenge!

inkpaperstamps said...

How lovely--and the shot of the shine on your pearls is superb!

Julia Aston said...

A very pretty design!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty card. I like your layout too!

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is SO pretty! I absolutely LOVE the gray "Always" stamping in the background, super cool!

peggysue said...

I like it! And it is so annoying to have a mental image of some DP only to realize you don't own it . . . I also like the stamped 'always' in the background.

Terri said...

Nice job. I like the smokey shadow you added! Hope you find your missing DP soon.