Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Baby Girl

Hi Peeps :0)!! It's another week and 2S4Y is hosting Kazan's sketch number 54.

I'm still making baby cards (surprised :0)??? and so adapted the sketch for a little girl.


Another card in soft pastel colours - sorry if it's getting predictable here :0) Unfortunately my greens are looking a bit more yellow here than in real life ... but I hope you can get the idea !


I used some sparkles to accent the larger flowers, and some stickles to accent the butterflies, the smaller flowers and the scallops.

The background behind the grass/flower stalks is accented with chalk. I left the die in place while colouring and stamping so a white edge still showed when it was done.

Thank you to the ladies at 2S4Y for another wonderful week to play along!

Thanks peeps for stopping by! This is a great week - a Papertrey AND Flourishes release - I'm enjoying both so much. Isn't beauty and inspiration a wonderful thing??!!

Blessings to everyone for a truly beautiful day!

**000**

Materials: Cardstock, Ink, Butterfly, Grass, Floral Stamp, Button, Designer Paper - Papertrey Ink; Sentiment and Scallop Stamps - Hero Arts; Embossing Folder - Provo Craft; Stickles - Ranger; Rhinestones - Kaiser; Floss - DMC; Label Die - Spellbinders; Chalks - Craf-T Products; Pencils - Prismacolors

ETA: I would like to thank the ladies at 2S4Y for recognising this card in the 2S4Y Fab 5 this week!!! I'm so excited and really, *really* honoured - THANK YOU!

23 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

So soft and beautiful! I never get sick of baby cards!

Terri said...

Very soft and pretty. Love the background you made behind the butterflies too. Loving all your baby cards.

Amy said...

Love the nestie shape for your focal image!! That is a great sketch!

Sylvia said...

A beautiful baby card! So soft and pretty!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh this is absolutely beautiful! What gorgeous patterns and pastels!

Pauline said...

What a beautiful card. I love the image in the label, one of my favourite shapes, and I love the detail of the stitched panels, gorgeous colours too!

Laurie said...

Beautiful! I love the strips of patterned paper!

(I just found your blog! I love it! I had to add you to my reader!)

Cheryl Nelson said...

so soft and pretty!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is super GORGEOUS Nerina! So many beautiful little details!!!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

a super sweet card! Love the stamping!

Rhonda said...

Lovin the baby cards!! very pretty Nerina.

Kathy Martin said...

Perfect. Just perfect! :)

Sharron said...

Nerina, this is such a sweet card! I love how you have used the button, butterflies and soft colors to create a perfect baby card!

Heather P. said...

This is beauuuuuutiful!! LOVE the colors, and the soft and pretty feel of the card. :)

Liv said...

Very soft and the colors blend together to make a very beautiful card!

Kara said...

This is gorgeous! I love the sticthing and layering! The focal image is beautiful and soft.
Kara

Kazan Clark said...

Such a beautiful card - I love the colors, embossing and the butterflies
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Lisa V. said...

Nerina, Congrats on your top 5 at 2S4Y. Your card is BEAUTIFUL.

Kim Sonksen said...

I adore your card. Congratulations on making the Top 5 at 2S4Y

Dawn B. said...

Soft sweet and oh so pretty.. This is wonderful.. I really like the way you photograph your cards.

Janelle said...

Gorgeous card, Nerina!! Congrats on the 2S4Y recognition!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Congrats! For making it to the Fab 5 list over at 2sketches4you!

gladyschia2010 said...

So sweet card! Congrats on Fab 5! u deserve it!