Sunday, June 27, 2010

Clean Card

Hi Everyone! I hope you have been having the most wonderful weekend - LOTS of sunshine and happy memories!

I was hoping to have some craft time this weekend - but it just hasn't happened. There are some challenges I had hoped to play that are just going to sail on and pass me by .... sniff. :0)

Here is a card I made a while ago. It is based on one made by Dawn McVey, which she made *EVEN MOREof a while ago - and I'm sorry, but I don't have a link. I made this from some notes I jotted down! (Dawn is ALWAYS inspiring - isn't she?!)


I used a mixture of Hawaiian Shores, Spring Moss, Yellow, Kraft and Cream for this one. Here is a peek at what I think looks *amazing* in real life ....


Vintage Cream ink on Hawaiian shores cardstock - it really looks *unbelievably* wonderful! The cardstock almost seems to glow underneath the ink! Weirdly good!

So there it is. A little share until I can enter into the hallowed halls of my craft room again :0)!!!

Now I'm off to make some tea for 2 of my favourite peeps in the world, outside of family - a great way to spend an afternoon - don't you think?!!

:0)!!

**000**

Materials: Cardstock, Ink, Stamps, Buttons, Dies - Papertrey Ink; Rhinestones - Kaiser

12 comments:

Christina said...

You said it yourself, dear, this looks unbelievably wonderful! Lovely color choices, gorgeous vellum flower, and the yellow ribbon and gems are the icing on the cake!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so beautiful Nerina, I really LOVE it!

Heather Jensen said...

Clean, simple and beautiful! :)

Laurie said...

OH my goodness Nerina! This is beautiful! I love the clean lines and the colors! They really pop! What an awesome card!

Terri said...

Very nice. Love the colors but I especially like the vintage cream ink on the HS card stock. Definitely going to have to give that a try too!

Amy said...

I really love your sewing! It really makes this simple card look fantastic!!

Kim Wilson said...

Thank you for the sweet comment! If you ever get some free time I have weekly challenges for great prizes! offthewallcraftiness.blogspot.com

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your sweet looking card!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

This is just wonderful, I actually thought that the Hawaiian Shores paper was patterned paper! Lovely!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful card, Nerina! I can totally see a touch of Dawn in this. She is, indeed, so very inspiring. And so are you. :)

Rhonda said...

Love love these colors. It pops off the kraft paper.

Heather P. said...

EEEEEK! These colors are downright gorgeous together! LOVE this! LOL... I feel like I say that with *all* your cards! :)