Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Embellish Colour Challenge

When I saw this challenge posted at Embellish Magazine - I HAD to play! The sponsor is none other than Waltzingmouse - and there are 2 delicious stamp sets to be had. (YUMMY!)

These colours ARE a challenge for me and so a bit of thought went into my card. Initially a wedding theme seemed to be the 'right' thing to do - and we have good friends who are about to celebrate their 40th Anniversary soon. But it was not to be.

My Papertrey Ink Green Tea Leaves paper, just kept calling my name ... so that's where it started ... and then someone did an awesome favour for me ... so it kept going from there :0)


The theme of the challenge was to use labels - as well as the yellow/brown/coral colour scheme. This beauty is from Waltzingmouse's Vintage Labels 1, with extra details added in from Vintage Labels 4.

The sentiment is stamped with a Hero Arts stamp ... and I simply CANNOT get good coverage from my Dark Chocolate ink at the moment :0(  Sigh. Anyway ....


The ribbon 'flower' in the centre of this design is gathered ribbon. I pulled the gathering fairly tight and allowed the ribbon to do what was coming naturally.

The label and extra designs are embossed with gold embossing powder, and some pearls were added to finish it off.

(Note my new spackle stamp making an appearance here too :0) !! Just had to add that in!

Thank you so much to the ladies at Embellish Magazine - and to their DT - the samples were gorgeous. Our play is always work for you - it *is* appreciated!

Thanks Peeps for popping in! I hope you are having an awesome day - that just continues to get better!

**000**

Materials: Labels Stamps and Embellishments - Waltzingmouse; Flower and Sentiment - Hero Arts; Spackle - All Night Media; Cardstock, Ribbon, Designer Paper - Papertrey Ink; Yellow Flower - Prima; Pearls - Kaiser; 3D Dots - EK Success; Versamark Ink; Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Labels Die - Spellbinders

ETA: I am so excited, thrilled and amazed that this card made it into the "What's Hot" section of the winner's page at Embellish! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I just can't believe it! :0) (Pinch me, please!)

18 comments:

Laurie said...

This has to be a top pick for sure! I love it!! That little flower is too cute!! Great job!

Christina said...

So gorgeous, Nerina! Love what you did with the ribbon flower, the zig-zag stitching, and those teeny pearls. Wonderful job with the colors!

Melissa said...

Wow, Nerina--this is amazing! Love the gold embossing and the ribbon flower is beautiful!

Anika said...

Gorgeous!! So elegant, yet has that bold pop of pink! Awesome!

P.S. My Dark Chocolate ink is giving me grief too. It looks distressed when I stamp with it.

Terri said...

Great job! Love the ribbon flower.

Diane Jaquay said...

Very pretty Nerina! I love the gold embossed label and the beautiful ribbon flower!

Nancy L. said...

its beautiful!!

Michele said...

Love the colors and that gorgeous flower!

Sharron said...

Wonderful job with those colors! I love the gold embossing and touch of pearls--very elegant--and your ribbon rose is so pretty!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Oh what a gorgeous card you have created! I love all the different layers. The gold embossing on the Labels one die really adds an elegant touch. And let me tell you that flower is a WOW factor of 10!

Claire Brennan said...

Simply gorgeous Nerina!

Maile Belles said...

Wow, Nerina! What a gorgeous card! Love all the beautiful details on that lovely label. So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Charlene Austin said...

WOW! Loving all the details.

Christina said...

A huge congratulations on having your card featured at Embellish! Well deserved!

gladyschia2010 said...

Gorgeous card!! Love it!

Amy said...

congrats on your card being chosen!! It is a beauty!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Congrats, Nerina! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! SO not surprised you won mention!

Heather P. said...

CONGRATS on being What's Hot! :) I *LOVED* this and was so excited to see your card in the line up!