Friday, June 4, 2010

Fabric and Hearts

Hello everyone! I have a couple of cards to share today that were inspired by 2 different challenges! The Shabby Tea Room "Dear To My Heart" challenge and the Moxie Fab World "Fun With Fabric" challenge.

I was asked if I'd be prepared to donate some cards for a local fundraiser. Here are 2 of them - and  I guess the inspiration from both of these challenges just snuck into them when they were being made :0)


As you can see Peter Rabbit - (of Beatrix Potter fame) also snuck in there :0) I have had this snuggly fellow for almost 17 years. My hunkadorus gave him to me during a huge Anniversary celebration of Beatrix Potter that was going on at that time. Isn't he sweet? (That *could* refer to both the bunny and the husband .... ;0)


A close up - becuase this *IS* actually about the cards :0)


And the pink one - that's where 98% of the work was ;0)! I cut the ruffles with the new PTI small scallop die, gathered them on the machine, stuck them down with scor-tape and then stitched the ribbon strip over the top. It felt like making baby clothes!

Thanks for stopping in! I hope you're having a truly LOVELY day today!

Smiles and blessings to you!


**000**

Materials: Cardstock, Heart Stamps, Buttons, Broad Ribbon, Twine, Scalloped Die - Papertrey Ink; Stitching Stamps - Fancy Pants and Technique Tuesday; Eyelets - Making Memories; Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Romper Template - based on a design by Kim Hughes; Thin Ribbon - Offray; Scor-Tape; Versamark Ink; Pearl - Kaiser; Fabric and Thread

16 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

OH My Word.....How completely adorable!

Nadine said...

These are simply too sweet Nerina! I want to buy REAL onesies that look just like these. You did a wonderful job on both of them but the that ruffly tutu trim is just awesome!

Aimes said...

Oh my! I've got toothache just looking at these creations - they're SO sweet!
What a labour of love the pink onesie was but totally worth it! The attention to detail is just beyond words!!!!!
Seriously awesome creations!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Morena said...

ADORABLE!

Cammie said...

Absolutely adorable! The fabric ruffles are soooo sweet along with the details on the sleeve and around the neck. LOVE both!

Nicole said...

Wow~those are precious and those ruffles are scruptious! Great cards! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So sweet and adorable! Love those cute little onesies. The pink one is over the top with those ruffles! Excellent!

Meredith said...

Love the cards :-). Where do you come up with all these ideas?!

Diane Jaquay said...

How CUTE!!! I love the pink one with the adorable trim, it just couldn't be any sweeter!!

Debbie said...

So precious!!! I'm a huge Beatrix Potter fan too - my boys' nursery was decorated with all that cuteness and I saved it to this day -- it's now decorating my 'garden theme' laundry room! Simply adorable cards!!!!!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

Rhonda said...

Tu Tu CUTE!!! Fabulous cards that I hope do well for the fund raiser. Love all the details Nerina.

Terri said...

Very cute. I especially like the ruffles on the little girl one!

Heather P. said...

Eeeeep! These are so totally ADORABLE! And oh my word, there are no words for how much I *LOVE* those sweet ruffles!! :)

Keith and Kim Kesti said...

That is SO sweet! I love both cards, but those ruffles just kill me. Great job!
Kim Kesti
Go-to Gal

siskus said...

Великолепни дрешки,като истински,честито!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for entering the Fun with Fabric challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)