Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Get Well Story Card

Hi Everyone!! How is your mojo doing?? Sorry I am a little MIA from posting comments at the moment!!!

Here is a card which I made for a friend of ours. She is such a lovely, active and encouraging person, but she has been struggling with a period of prolonged exhaustion. I was talking with her this past weekend and she's finding this such a tough time. She is so used to being full of ideas and plans - and right now just can't do a fraction of what she'd like to be doing. She has had a barrage of medical tests - and I hope answers will be provided for her soon.

That said, she is one of those people who can be feeling really dreadful - and yet still find the inner strength to encourage and lift up the people around her. She is so inspiring!

I used the sketch at Card Patterns (#70)  this week to make this card. It is a 'story card' ....


and inside is this ....


Obviously, I am hoping that - like the butterfly - she will soon be free of the constraints that her illness has placed on her!

A few deets on the making -

The jar is stamped with PTI's new "Friendship Jars" set - the butterfly is part of Hero Arts "Antique Engravings" set. I applied some glossy accents to the jar to make it shine, and silver embossed the lid to give it a more authentic feel. The grass and lace are both from Flourishes. The butterfly is accented with some Diamond Stickles, and the little flowers down the bottom are punched from vellum, using a tiny EK success retro flower punch. The sentiments are from "Scattered Showers" and "Scattered Showers Additions" - I really love the expressions in both of these sets!


One day I hope to figure out how to make my white cardstock look WHITE in photos. It always comes out looking like white that has been washed with the blues in the laundry ... :0) LOL!

So there it is. I hope your day is a goodie - thanks so much for popping in!

:0)!!

**000**

Materials: Cardstock, Ink, Button, Jar topper Die; Jar and Sentiment Stamps - Papertrey Ink; Butterfly Stamps - Hero Arts; Lace and Grass Tuft stamps - Flourishes; Embossing Folder - Provo Craft; Flower Punch - EK Success; Pearls and Rhinestones  - Kaiser; Chalks - Craf-T Products; Pencil Crayons - Prismacolor; Versamark Ink; Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Other - Home Dyed Seam Binding and Thread

P.S. Here is another shot with a filtered flash - so the colours are a tad bleached out - but the white looks white and the card looks more delicate - like it does IRL. Grrrrrr. I'll figure this one out yet .... :0( !! Thanks for bearing with my photographically challenged moments :0)

17 comments:

Christina said...

Gorgeous, Nerina! Your butterfly is so beautiful with the glitter! As for blue-tinged photos, if you use Photoshop you can correct the color cast very easily. It has rescued many of my pics taken in low lighting!

Kara said...

So pretty!! So many great details on this card! She will love it!
Kara

Laurie said...

Beautiful! I love the sparkle on the butterfly wings! Lovely card!

Diane Jaquay said...

Nerina, this is SO beautiful, love the butterfly in the jar!!

Nancy L. said...

ooooooo they are beautiful Nerina!! Love the one with the butterfly coming out of the jar :)

Anika said...

THis is so beautiful! Love what you did with the inside of the card!

Lea L. said...

This is gorgeous! I love how soft and whimsical is...definitely a great card for cheering someone up! Great job with CardPatterns 70!

♥♥♥Lea

Rhonda said...

A beautiful card Nerina. I love that you embossed the lid silver.

dstandard said...

Beautiful cards - love the softness! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Such a beautiful card! I love your pretty butterflies.

Terri said...

Great job! I especially like how you have the butterfly coming out of the jar on the inside. Hope your friend gets some answers soon.
To get your white to look whiter I would suggest you get an Ott lightbulb. Also play with the curves in Photoshop if you have it.

Cammie said...

Nerina, this is so beautiful and thoughtful. A wonderful card for your friend. I always enjoy seeing how your creative mind works.

Amy said...

Wow. How pretty is this....I hope your friend is feeling better soon.

Sharron said...

Nerina, this is such a sweet card. I'm sure your friend will love it. What a wonderful way to express your feelings for her. Beautiful details--I always enjoy how you add just the right touches!

Heather P. said...

Simply gorgeous, Nerina! I love, love, love the way the butterfly comes out of the jar inside the card. Amazing!

Ted said...

Like others, I LOVE how you have the butterfly "escape" on the inside of the card...so precious. :) Re: whiteness of paper. Not sure what program you have, but I have Photoshop Elements 8. What I do: I click on Enhance > Adjust Color > Remove Color Cast. Then it has you click on something that SHOULD be white and it automatically adjusts the color cast. :) Not sure if you have that program, but it's inexpensive and I love it! Best of luck.

Eva said...

So very soft and elegant...and the thought that went into making sure the lid was not on tight...way cool!