Monday, June 7, 2010

Life's a Trip

The title for this post comes from Linda's card and our inspiration for the Papertrey Peeps Challenge #9! The theme is all about travel or vacation. Papertrey has come out with the most fabulous hot air balloon stamps, bicycles, surf boards, a VW bug ... we have options!!!

Well. We sort of have options. I haven't finished purchasing everything on PTI's inventory yet (give me time...give me time.. :0) and so have to make do with what I have on hand.

As you know from the last post I'm making some baby cards as a donation at the moment. So travel and baby cards were the order of the day - here goes :0)


If you take a peek at the sea you'll see it's layered and stitched. I saw that on a card by Debbie Olsen, where she's used the technique for grass and thought it was one of the coolest things ever!


Yes there is a little touch of bling on a BOY card, but I figured the little guy would be so new he probably wouldn't notice and the mum will be so happy she probably won't either ;0) ...

Sharon, thank you so much for a great challenge!

Thanks for stopping in and visiting with me! Blessings for a WONDERFUL day!

**000**

Materials: Cardstock, Ink, Duckie and Sentiment Stamps, Strip of Designer Paper, Button and Twine - Papertrey Ink; Boat, Clouds, Sun, Stars - Hero Arts; Designer Paper on water and boat - Basic Grey (Lime Rickey); Scallop Punch - Fiskars; Ribbon - Michaels; Rhinestone - Kaiser; Corner Rounder - EK Success

Edited to add : I'm so **THRILLED** to have had my "Onesies" chosen for The Shabby Tea Room's top three for last week! What an honour and HOW exciting! Thank you!

Also, this card fits the challenge at Flourishes for this week! So I have entered it there. Thanks to all of my fellow Peeps who have been playing in the Flourishes Challenges! I finally decided to go and see what was there and discovered some VERY PRETTY and VERY INSPIRING things! WOW :0)! ...so if I blow the budget can I say it was all YOUR fault???!! :0)

13 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Nerina! This is too too CUTE!!! I just LOVE your little sailboat scene! And congratulations on placing top 3 over at The Shabby Tearoom!

Melissa said...

So cute! I love the stitched waves and the little duck in the water is adorable! Great colors as well!

Aimes said...

Oh you clever thing, Nerina! Love the use of transportation on your super sweet creation!
I'll confess I'm really struggling with this challenge; I have nothing and I mean NOTHING transport or vacation themed! Eeek!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
P.S Love your photography too!

..::Paulina::.. said...

Oh wow, this is amazing! I love the colors, layout and your picture is fabulous!

Rhonda said...

Love the "scene" you created!! Congrats on top 3!! I so hope you are trying for the DT spot. It would so fit you!!!

Heather P. said...

This is just FANTASTIC!! I so love your style, Nerina!!

Linda said...

Nerina, this is so sweet and adorable. I love the little smiley sun and I just started humming away . . . sailing, sailing. What a super summer-y welcome for a little guy. Good luck with your entry, congrats on your top three, here's hoping to hear lots more. Your work certainly deserves it! Glad you enjoyed the challenge.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What an excellent baby card! Love the water the sailboat is on. Congrats for making top three on TSTR too! Those were awesome onesies!

Kathy Martin said...

Darling baby card! Great design! :)

Sharron said...

What an absolutely ADORABLE baby card and a great take on the challenge. Love the colors and patterned papers--everything is so perfectly done!

Terri said...

Very cute. Love the waves and how you paper pieced the boat too.
Congratulations on being in the top 3 at the Shabby Tea room this week!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

This is so sweet. The waves with the stitching look wonderful. Darling darling card.

Julie Koerber said...

Too cute for words Nerina!!! Thanks for playing with us all at Flourishes and so glad you could join us at the release party too! :-)