Friday, June 25, 2010

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge!

Hi Peeps! It's time for another awesome round of inspiration! We had such an incredible turn out last month - I wonder how many players we will have this time! 
Before I  begin, I'd like to say a very, very
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to Dawn McVey!! It's her birthday today as she shared on her blog - o, yesterday!

As you no doubt know, the theme for this hop is to choose your own colour palette and make a project with it. My colour palette was inspired by a girl's bedroom, which I saw in an old issue of "Better Homes and Gardens".


To extend the challenge a bit further, I decided to make another clear card (my second!) I enjoyed the first so much ... and here it is:


The background is stamped with "Turning a New Leaf", the flowers are made using the "Beautiful Blooms II" Dies, and the Berry Sorbet blossoms are stamped using images from "Petal Power" and "Background Basics - Diamonds".


The largest flower, on the left, is cut from red felt, and some vintage paper made its way into the mix too.

That was meant to be my whole post - but then my PTI order arrived!!! The very first time my release goodies have ever reached me before a Hop! So I made a card in celebration in these colours too :0)


I added a little glitter to the rose image to try and get that 'dewdrop' feel ...


Trying to keep it short here, so I won't write an essay on the rest of it! :0)

Thank you soooooo much for taking the time to visit me!

Have a fabby evening! See you there!

:0)!!

**000**

Clear Card Materials: Cardstock, Dies, Ink, Leaf, Background and Sentiment Stamps, Buttons, Twine - Papertrey Ink; Houndstooth Stamp - Hero Arts; Spackle Stamp - All Night Media; Designer Paper - October Afternoon; Border Punch - Martha Stewart; Other inks - Colorbox Chalk Ink and Ranger Distress Ink; Rhinestones - Walmart; Other - Seam Binding; Thread; Vintage Paper

**000**

Rose Card Materials: Cardstock, Scallop Die, Rose, Text, Flourish Stamps, Button, Twine, Distress Ink, Linen Texture Plate, DP - Papertrey Ink; Spackle Stamp - All Night Media; Sentiment - Hero Arts; Glitter - Stampendous, Versamark Pen; Prismacolor Pencils; Pearls - Kaiser; Labels Die - Spellbinders; Other - Seam Binding and Thread

59 comments:

Anika said...

Stunning! They are both beautiful, but I am in LOVE with the first one! Way to go, Nerina!

Mandy said...

Beautiful color combo! The first one is amazing!

Nancy L. said...

they are beautiful! loving the rose!!

Michelle said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I love all the layers and details you add to your cards. There's so much to "oooh" and "awwww" over!

Linda said...

Lovely, Nerina! Isn't that rose fabulous? Love your colors!!

Wendy said...

Awesome cards and I really like that glittered edge, gives it just that special touch :).

Deb said...

Those are some super card! I LOVE that clear card...so pretty!!

Noora said...

Stunning cards Nerine, I especially like the second one...very very pretty!

Noora said...

Let me just add, love the glitter, the stitching, the ribbon...in fact love all of it..:)

Ted said...

Love the rose and the dark "heart" of it...so gorgeous!

Lindsay said...

Lovely cards Nerina! Love all those colors!

BonnieRose said...

wow.. ur cards are fabulous.... love the combos... I'm a big aqua mist fan myself!

Cammie said...

Oh, Nerina, these are gorgeous cards! Such beautiful colors and all the details---WOW!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful cards! Love how you have used the color scheme in making the cards.

Terri said...

Great cards and color combo too. Glad to hear you got your order so quickly this month!

Anne B said...

Stunning cards, Nerina. Love your colour combo :)

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous cards and color combo!

Rhonda said...

So pretty! Love the poppy and berry sorbet together.

Jen Carter said...

You've outdone yourself!! LOVE the first card so much!! Everything about it is fabulous!! And, the rose on the 2nd card is wonderful too!! Great job!!

Jill said...

Beautiful, feminine cards, Nerina! The first one is just . . . spendid, and wow, Pure Poppy & Berry Sorbet *work* together, don't they? Great challenge, Nerina!

Mariana said...

Well the first card was a real treat, and then we all got lucky that you got your goodies and treat us to another awesome card!! You are very talented!!

Melissa said...

Both card are so pretty! I love the glitter on the rose, such a wonderful touch!

Piali said...

Gorgeous cards!! love the details of the 1st one..lovely!!

Pam W. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Great color combo.

Heather P. said...

Both cards are just GORGEOUS! Sooooo love them!

Marge said...

Both fabulous, but LOVE those flowers on that first one!!!

Stephanie said...

Both cards are beautiful! I think the first is my favorite - love all of the elements :)

Kelly S. said...

That ROSE, ooooh the rose! So beautiful, and it is the only set I haven't inked up yet...getting so much inspiration on this hop! Love the gorgeous layers on the first card, tooo!

Andrea M said...

Wonderful, beautiful creations! Great color combo. Happy hopping!

Kay said...

Both cards are beautiful, but that first one really knocked my socks off! It's like a breath of fresh air, I don't know how to describe it really, it just feels "fresh and happy". :)

Dana said...

Both very pretty cards, Nerina!! Love all the different patterns on the first one! The rhinestones are the perfect finishing touch to it :)

Becky Carafa said...

Wow, stunning cards, and fabulous color combo!

Emm said...

Great cards, great colors, fabulous rose!

Karen C said...

Both cards are gorgeous! The details on the first one blew me away!

resmith said...

Both cards are beautiful! I just fell for the first one!

Laurie said...

Nerina these are gorgeous! I love the colors! Beautiful cards!

Janelle said...

Such a pretty color combo -- and I especially love the first card!

Suzanne said...

I just about fell out of my chair. I am not even to blog #40 yet and I can't believe all of the wonderful cards I have seen. This is one of my favorite stops yet.

Jessica said...

Beautiful cards. I love all of the elements on your first card and how they all fit together to create such a work of art. Love the pearl in the center of the rose on the second card. Great color combo!

Gayatri said...

Both card are gorgeous Nerina! The first one is my fav. beautiful color combo!

Cindy said...

Super beautiful cards Nerina.

Antoinette Seminario-Skinner said...

This is a great color combination!! Great cards!!
Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I am VERY ready to have this baby!!

jen said...

LOVE this color combo!!! Great card & so fun to have your goodies to play with!

Baseret said...

Nerina, I love both of your cards,but the first one just blows me away! I love all of the little details and the colors that you used are GORGEOUS!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love both cards! They are both gorgeous!

Stamper for fun said...

Very nice color combo. Beautiful cards.

**June**

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! BOTH are FAB! LOVE all of the colors and details in the first one and also LOVE the rose!

Rosanne said...

Love these colours, beautiful cards!

Diane Jaquay said...

Both of these are beautiful Nerina, the rose card though, WOW, that one takes my breath away!!! Seriously GF, you've been on an amazing creative streak lately! I missed not being able participate last night, just busy with summer stuff :)

Natasha said...

Both of these are truly stunning! Love the bits of glitter on the rose!

travelingmama said...

Wow! These are beautiful! Love what you do for this month's challenge!

Danielle said...

Lovely!! Great color combos and I love the layering of flowers in your first card!

Amy said...

I can NOT decided which one I LOVE more!! I think I loved the first one but when I scrolled down to see the second one.....I was like WOW!!! That rose is stunning!

Victoria said...

Beautiful cards, Nerina! I love the colors your picked.

Barbara said...

LOVE that color combo, and your cards are gorgeous, Nerina! I love how they're so different in style with the same colors.

Maureen said...

both are just gorgeous!!! and those bows are total eye candy :)

Audrey Pettit said...

wowzers! Totally gorgeous card with a fabulous color combination!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Stunningly beautiful cards Nerina!! Great colour combo and I love the fluffy bows and bright flowers!

peggysue said...

You're killing me here, that rose is beautiful! (repeat after me . . . I will NOT buy anything else until we sell the house, I will NOT buy anything else until we sell the house, no matter how Nerina enables me)