Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Shabby Hearts

Hellooooo! I can't believe it is Wednesday already :-0! Where has this week gone? I hope that you have had a good one so far - as most of you ladies (USA and UK) had Monday off! Did you get some crafty time in?

This week The Shabby Tea Room is hosting a challenge called "Dear To My Heart" - and the theme is ... well ... hearts :0)

I immediately had the idea of a very soft, feminine card. I don't use hearts in my card making often - so when I do, I want them to look special - not cute. Here is where the challenge took me :


The hearts were stamped with Sweet Blush ink and the Butterfly with Smokey Shadow - I then coloured the butterfly with chalk and Prismacolors - and then embossed the images with Kaleidoscope embossing powder for a shimmery, subtle - "something extra".



Some stitching and pearls finished the hearts off.

This was a wonderful card to make - and I enjoyed it tremendously. It's going to be one of those cards that costs me a pang when it's time to give it away - do you have some of those? :0)

We're having a beautiful sunny day today (and they had predicted rain!) I hope that the sun is shining either outside or maybe inside your *heart* today!

Blessings to you!

**000**

Materials: Cardstock, Ink, Patterned Paper, Ribbon, Button, Twine, Scallop Die - Papertrey Ink; Heart, Dots and Sentiment Stamps - Papertrey Ink; Butterfly Stamp - Hero Arts; Embossing Folder - Provo Craft; Tag Punch - McGill; Versamark Ink; Chalk Ink - Colorbox; Chalks - Craf-T Products; Pencils - Prismacolor; Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Pearls - Kaiser; Other - Vintage Paper and Thread; Layout Based on a Sketch by Tami Mayberry

19 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes, I DO! I tend to make cards and fall in love with them, so I just keep them! I have 2 big tupperware crates full of designs I can't seem to let go! This one is a keeper for sure!! So soft and pretty -- I {heart} the scallops and pearls! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Nicole said...

Beautiful card! Love that satin ribbon bow - yummy! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Melissa said...

This is so delicate and beautiful! And that butterfly is gorgeous!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous! Amazing use of hearts as your focal point, and how lovely they are paired with the butterfly. And your design is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

Diane Jaquay said...

Nerina, this is so LOVELY!! I really love all the soft, feminine elements on this card, sigh... :)

Kathy Martin said...

This card is very pretty and feminine! Love the hearts and butterflies! :)

Jennifer K said...

Gorgeous card, Nerina. You have such an eye for design - the colors and textures and balance are just perfect!

Amy said...

Beautiful "soft" card Nerina!! I really like the scallops on the side like you have here!

Dana Gustafson said...

Love your elements and design 110%! WHat an amazing card! THe stitching plus pearls on your sweet hearts is lovely.

Lori said...

Whoa Nerina!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Christina said...

Lovely, Nerina! That beautiful soft butterfly is perfect!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the hearts and butterfly. It looks so soft and inviting. Well Done!

Terri said...

Very pretty. You are doing a great job with these challenges!

peggysue said...

I like where you went with this, I like the herats with the pearls in the middle and the soft look you achieved. Nice job!

Heather P. said...

This is sooooooooooo beautiful! *sigh* I just love your style!

Cammie said...

Nerina, you have certainly captured the beautiful delicate aspect of a butterfly, and often our hearts, with this card! It's always a treat to visit.

Aimes said...

Soooooooooooooooooo pretty, Nerina! You have such a way of making your cards so beautiful and delicate! Your attention to detail is amazing - the inked edges, the stitching, the pearls - Oh I could look at this all day *happy sigh*
Hugs,
Aimes
x

♥♥Marinette♥♥ said...

Oh elle est absolument ravissante avec ces beaux papillons, vraiment inspirante bravo

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

oh how pretty! I love your stitching down the middle ont he hearts and the butterfly!