Sunday, June 13, 2010

A True Story

The following story ladies, is true. I submit it to you here for your honest opinion and just vote.

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

A certain husband (who shall not be called the hunkadorus) went out of town yesterday (without his wife), for the WHOLE day coming home long after dark.

This husband did not bring his wife flowers :0(

Time for exhibit A ...


This card has been made for the nameless husband for something he DID do ...

Exhibit B ...


Do you see all of those little 'age spot' dots????

The nameless husband bought his wife a STAMP. (One she happens to have been eyeing out for about 2 years and never could bring herself to pay for!) He hunted it down ....



and presented it to his wife - with NO flowers.

What do you think? Guilty or innocent? :0)!

(He has been smothered with gratitude and excitement before the jury is in on this one - sorry to say :0)

Heee, heee! I hope to see you all in blogland soon! This has been a busy weekend for me!

Thanks for popping in and laughing with me!!

Big smiles to you :0)!

**000**

Materials: Leaf Stamp, Old Letter Writing, Sentiment - Hero Arts; Numbers - Fancy Pants; Age Spots - All Night Media :0)!!; Cardstock, Button, Twine, Green Ink - Papertrey Ink; Distress Inks - Ranger

16 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh what fun!!!! I think hunkadorus should get a few more hugs. Great card!!!

Christina said...

What a fun story, Nerina! Thanks for sharing! Your card is fantastic and definitely well deserved by your hubby!

Heather P. said...

LOL, and here I was thinking the hunkadorous was going to be in trouble... :) What a sweetie!!

LOVE this card, Nerina!!

Nadine said...

Are you sure this is a true story? How can hunkadorus be so sweet and hunky? I think he needs another beautiful thank you card just to prove it! ;o)

BTW, love the distressed, masculine feel of this card. You did a wonderful job with it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card! I love the uneven stitches on the top line, so creative! Thanks for leaving sweet comment at my blog! : )

Diane Jaquay said...

Hee hee, I think you should get down on your knees and offer thanks for having this rare species of hunkadorous magnificous in your life! As for your card Nerina, WOW, I NEED those fern stamps! Just GORGEOUS!

Janice {Nysse} said...

I love this true story and commend you for calling him "hunkadorous" and not his real name..ha! ha! ha!

Stempeltiger said...

WOW! Such a really GORGEOUS card Nerina!
Wish you a nice day.
Hugs, Swantje

Francie said...

Funny story, and bee-u-ti-ful card!

ChristineCreations said...

Well, I think he's definitely off the hook :) This is a gorgeous card! The pop of greens and the softness to the background is beautiful!

Debbie Olson said...

I think you've got a keeper! Your card is absolutely perfect too--great job!

Leslie Miller said...

Awwwwww, that's the sweetest thing! You sure made a beautiful card with it. Love the leaf stamp, too, and all the others you used to put this together so perfectly! Really a wonderful card!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ha! What a cutie! I say keep the hunkadorus! That stamp so reminds me of the splatter stamp from Stampin'Up that I bought years and years and years ago. Wow, what memories that brings up. I had really forgotten about that guy. Totally love the way you staged it for your photograph, and the card you created with it is fabulous. Super great masculine card. That stitching adds so much and I love the frond image and the button and twine. Enjoy your new goody.

Sharron said...

Definitely guilty of being the top hunkadorus! Great card, fabulous stamp and sweetest hubby!!

Laurie said...

Your card is amazing! I love the stamp! How fun is that? He is a keeper! :)

Terri said...

Definitely innocent!! I would much rather have stamps over flowers any day. What a wonderful thing for him to do for you. Great job on the card too!