Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Waltzingmouse and Envelope Challenge ;0)

So I guess you've heard about Waltzingmouse? Those cute, cute wonderful stamps!! Well they have started their own Challenge Blog HERE!

Now, have you heard about an envelope challenge??

That's where you'd love to make a card with tons of dimensionals on it, perhaps also make it square ... but the guidelines are that it has to fit easily in an A2 envlope. Sigh.

I'm still making baby cards to donate - and wanted to play along with Waltzingmouse. However, I was asked to make my cards "regular sized" for everyone's convenience. And life just isn't a 'one size fits all' is it??

Anyway. I played and couldn't do everything I wanted to - but had fun anyway - and that's what it's all about :0)


The bird in the brolley idea isn't new to me. I think it was Jennifer Holmes who first popped the duckey in there - cute huh?

 

Well, I don't know if my interpretation is a bit loose to actually be seriously submitted - but it was inspired by Claire :0)

Thanks soooo much for popping in people - and for the INCREDIBLY kind comments you have left me recently! Gracious, I can't tell you how encouraging you have been - and it has been sooooooo appreciated!

Smiles! :0)

**000**

Materials: Cardstock, Umbrella, Duck, Polka Dot Stamps, Button, Ink, Scallop Die, Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Text and Sentiment - Hero Arts; Dies - Circles and Blossom - Spellbinders; Patterned Paper - Source Unknown; Rhinestones - Kaiser; Pencil Crayons - Prismacolor; Chalk - Craf -T Products

16 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Cute cute cute!!!! LOVE this card Nerina, the duck in the umbrella, the colors, the scalloped border on the left, everything is just perfect!

Terri said...

Super cute! Love the duck in the umbrella and the little flowers on on it too!

Sharron said...

Gosh, this is ADORABLE! Great colors and love the bright scallops on the side. A duckie in the umbrella is such a cute idea!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous colours, and a sweet image too. Pauline x

Amy said...

Love that little duckie peeking out from the umbrella and the blossom nestie!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

How sweet and adorable your card is! Just right for the WMS challenge too.

Rhonda said...

A truly great idea! Love the colors and scallop edge.

Kathy Martin said...

Oh my goodness this is one SWEET card! Love the subtle patterned papers and the design! Perfect! :)

peggysue said...

Nerina!!! I love visiting your blog, this is so darn adorably cute!!! It oozes cuteness!!! And now I can go check out waltzingmouse's challenge blog, yay! Thanks for the heads up!

Heather P. said...

Yet another totally fabulous creation! You always have the *best* details on your cards... LOL, I know I saw that a lot, but it's TRUE! :)

Belinda said...

So cute! And I don't think your interpretation is too loose at all! Sketches are just for inspiration! :) Love the fun flower edge on your umbrella and the duck inside! Love the fun scalloped edge too! Glad you could play along with the WMS sketch!

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet little baby card! love the colors - thanks so much for playing with the WMS challenge this week!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

This is adorable. I like the duckie in the umbrella... Simply adorable.

Claire Brennan said...

Oh Nerina!!! ADORABLENESS in abundance! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

Laurie said...

So cute!! I love the vellum flowers on the umbrella! So many great details!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Awwwww! That is just the sweetest card! I love the ducky in the umbrella!

Thanks for playing with us at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!