Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Boho Bling!

Hi Everyone! Here is the inspiration pic, served up by Cath Edvalson for the Tuesday Trigger this week. When I saw it I almost fell off my chair. Peeps, for me ... this one is a CHALLENGE!! (The Challenge is called "Poppin' off the Page")


Then I remembered some old Sandylion stamps I had sitting around - which never seemed to work for me, no matter what I tried ... I pried those babies off their acetate sheet and set to work....flowers, flowers and more flowers ....



Twinkling H20's, my DMC floss, some rhinestones, some sequins ... beads .... "Are we there yet???"


Hmmmm, a little inking, some October Afternoon Paper - a delicious serving of gingham ribbon ....



And it's a case of Boho Bling! :0)

I used the sketch at 2S4Y for the layout of this one - the centre panel is popped up on 3D dots - as is the bottom right hand flower....

Our last group challenge for the Peeps was to try something out of our comfort zone ... this was so far out of my comfort zone - I entered the twilight zone! :0) LOL!!

Thank you so much for popping in. I had soooooo much fun making this card. It was a real brain tickler and I enjoyed trying to solve the challenge!

Have a completely wonderful day! Thanks for popping in to visit me!

:0)!!

**000**

Materials: Cardstock, Ink, Small flower images, Sentiment Label Die and Stamp - Papertrey Ink, Designer Paper - October Afternoon (Thrift Shop) Floral Stamps - Sandylion; Rhinestones - Kaiserkraft; Ribbon - No Time To Stamp; Twinkling H20's - Luminarte; Floss - DMC; Sequins, Beads - Unknown

22 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card for both challenges!

Rhonda said...

LOVE LOVE this one!!! Definitely a boho feel.

Christina said...

Way to go, Nerina! I saw this challenge and ran for the hills, but you rocked it! I love all the beads and bling!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

You definitely hit the 'twilight zone' with this card. Your card is SUPER!

Anika said...

This is great, Nerina! I have been trying to make something based off that picture and just can't get it right. Way to go!

Lynne said...

Love it!
Lynne xxx

Cheryl Nelson said...

This is soooooo fabulous!!! LOVE this! PERFECT interpretation of the trigger!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh WOW Nerina, you've done such a fabulous job with the inspiration piece here!!! I too just about fell out of my chair when I saw it but couldn't think for the life of me what I would do with it lol! You on the other hand have created another masterpiece ;)

Noora said...

GET OUT!! Nerine, this card is STUNNING!! beautiful job, love everything about it, You rocked the challenge!

peggysue said...

Doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo (can you hear the Twilight Zone music yet? I think you did a fabulous job matching up your card to that inspiration piece! Very faithfully executed and it is out of my comfort zone too, but I like it!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is fabulous! A real knock-out card ... sure to be a winner!

Thanks for visiting my blog .. and for the very kind words!

Sending hugs!

Valerie said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the details and color and especially the French knots!

Terri said...

Great interpretation. Those stamps are perfect for this challenge.

Kathy Martin said...

AWESOME! :)

Heather P. said...

Wowzers, just look at all that COLOR! Such a fun, cheery card!! :)

Kazan Clark said...

wow! I seem to echo most of the comments! it is gorgeous
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:)Kazan

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! This is stunning and so dramatic on the white background! Beautiful job with the sketch and the trigger!! Congrats on the Big Win and Card of the Week!!

Charlene said...

Congrats girl!!! Awesome card!

Paper Boutique said...

Woohooo congrats!!!!

Sylvia said...

Ohh..I totally adore this card! HUGE CONGRATS on making the COTW @ 2Sketches4You. It's so well deserved!!!
Sylvia xx

Linda said...

Well, your Twilight Zone is much more lovely than anything ever introduced by Rod Serling! I think it's amazing how well the Peeps have done *outside* their comfort zone. Maybe we should get out more!!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)