Friday, July 23, 2010

A Few Challenges In One :0)

Hi Peeps! Do you ever visit other people's blogs and see a colour combination that makes your little heart flutter? This happens to me every so often .... and when I saw these colours on Heather Pulvirenti's blog,  I was a lost woman!




So after a lot of inspiration from people and flipping and mirroring the sketch, it ended up here ...


I saw a link to a You Tube Video in this post on Maile Belles blog, for making these flowers ....


I added a little Versmark and Gold Embossing powder to the edges of things to try and make the embellishments look more sumptuous and Baroque :0)

Thank you to WPlus9 and 2S4Y for the opportunity to play along with them - and for all of the lovely inspiration!

Blessings!!

**000**

Materials: Cardstock, Ink, Stamps, Scallop Die, Tea Dye Duo -  Papertrey Ink; Stipple Stamp - All Night Media; Versmark Ink; Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Pearls - KaiserKraft; Dew Drops - The Robins Nest; Glossy Accents - Ranger

ETA: A HUGE *THANK YOU* to 2S4Y for placing this card in the "Fab 10" this week. What a wonderful honour!

I would also like to Thank the ladies at W Plus9 for the honour of having this card highlighted on their blog for this challenge! I'm so grateful - Thank you so much!

30 comments:

Cammie said...

Nerina, this is so elegant! I love those flowers!

Kathy Martin said...

Awesome card! I LOVE your flowers! :)

peggysue said...

Those flowers are fabulous! And I have to agree, this is a great color combination. I haven't had a chance to stamp ALL WEEK and I'm suffering serious withdrawal, so nice to hop along and see some inspiration.

Sharron said...

Such a PRETTY card and your flowers are awesome! That truly is a gorgeous color combo and love your take on both challenges!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Wow, love love love this card, it is just beautiful!!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful flowers and those rhinestones add a wonderful touch. Great use of those flourishes for the background. Gorgeous card, Nerina!

Francie said...

Nerina, you are quickly becoming one of my favorite designers! You inspire me with each and every card you make. This is beautiful.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is beautiful Nerina, I LOVE those flowers!! Great job combining the challenges too :)

Dana said...

This card is GORGEOUS! I, too, love the flowers but I also love the random gem placement, all the background stamping and the embellished scallop border. I guess that's the whole card! ;) You're sure to win both challenges!

Nina said...

Wow - this is BRILLIANT!! What a gorgeous card!

Laurie said...

OH my goodness! This is GORGEOUS! I love those flowers! The Vintage Cream on the Kraft is beautiful! Wowzers! I truly love this card!!

Lee Anne said...

This is beautiful...really...I don't even know what to say.

IamDerby said...

This is a keeper! Gorgeous!

Amy said...

This is soo sophisticated and I LOVE every single thing about this card! Seriously, red/brown/cream/kraft....beautiful!

Kazan Clark said...

oh how lovely! I am such a huge fan of your work Nerina mostly because you have an impeccable way of finishing off your work that I so admire
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Audrey Pettit said...

Wowzers on that color combo and holy cow what a gorgeous card, Nerina! I love how you flipped the sketch and love, love your design. The stamping is fabulous and I'm in love with those flowers.

Terri said...

Great job! Love those flowers!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very, very pretty! I love your take on this color challenge.

Renee said...

Oh so beautiful! Congrats on making the Fab 10!

Regina (TheStampin'Bean) said...

This is just gorgeous and I love your roses...perfect details! Congrats on the Fab 10!

travelingmama said...

wow! This is really gorgeous! Love it!

recordkeeper said...

Truly Beautiful! Love the flowers, the leaves, the colors...everything! Nice work!

Sue Lelli said...

CONGRATS for being picked at 2S4U. Your card is so elegant and BEAUTIFUL!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is SO, SO gorgeous!

Hannah | Cards Magazine said...

Your beautiful flowers have been "Spotted" by CARDS Magazine on Northridge Publishing's new Create: blog! Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

http://tinyurl.com/28884cx

Wendy said...

Absolutely stunning in every way!

Dana Gustafson said...

Wow! This is so elegant and gorgeous! I lov the pretty flowers against the delicate swirls!

Elise said...

Ummmmmm! Can you say "speechless?" Well, WOW! I am! This is exquisite work and SUCH a fabulous example of Dawn's color palette! So delighted you've share this with us! Yipeeee!

Keva said...

Um...can I just say WOW!! This is such a beautifully card. I adore it. Great great job!!!

Kay said...

Oh my, this is truly splendid! I love the colors, and your dew drops and rolled flowers! Thank you for the link to the tutorial for the flowers.