Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Guidelines and an Epiphany ...

Hi Peeps!!

I took some of my stamping supplies with me when we went away last week - (love the way PTI stamps are so compact in their little CD cases!) and had very little mojo while we were gone. The one time I can craft completely undisturbed by the cares of life, my mojo departed - go figure!! It seems like having NO time to think is best for this sort of thing ....

Anyway, I digress. I love playing with my guidelines stamps. Numbers 1 and 2, but have a REALLY hard time turning my doodling into a card that I love.

So it suddenly dawned on me that what these stamps create is simply PATTERNED PAPER. Not a central focal image, and the paper should be treated that way. (Sorry if you all got there a few years before I did - but this was new to me ....)

I needed a birthday card for a friend's 79th birthday ... and was playing with the Guidelines II and Beautiful Blooms II when this thought struck me ... and here is where it ended up ....


The Blooming Button Bits, just seemed to fit with the slightly graphic feel of the paper, so I went with that as my focal point ...


I was quite pleased with the final result - and felt that it suited the recipient well.

Hopefully this new understanding will be the start of a new way of looking at these stamp sets for me. I LOVE doodling with them. It would be great if there was real card potential in the final product, rather than just a relaxing way of passing the time ;0)!!

Heeee!

Thanks for popping in!

:0)!

**000**

Materials: Papertrey Ink

17 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a beautiful card! I love the background you have created. Can't believe you 'lost' your mojo. But I have been MIA too lately. I'll post later the results of the garage sale and hope to be back posting by the weekend.

Rhonda said...

Love the combination of GG with beautiful bloom. Very pretty card Nerina.

Christina said...

Oh my, Nerina, you certainly have your mojo back! This is so soft and beautiful. You're making me think Guidelines needs to go on my enormous wish list! I have been struggling with finding my groove while on vacation, too. Hubby says there is lots of research to back up the idea that we don't work as efficiently in a new environment. I hope he's right and I'll get it back when I return!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is GORGEOUS Nerina, that background is FABULOUS!!! I bow to your creativity girlie ;)

Terri said...

Great job! Love the patterned paper you created!

Dana said...

Oh Nerina...*sigh* I WISH my mojo was half as "gone" as yours. This is truly pleasing to the eye, and full of interesting angles. Love it.

Francie said...

So, so pretty, Nerina. Your "doodles" are gorgeous.

Noora said...

Beautiful card Merine!! I loveeee it! the colors u used, the composition all in all is prefect!

Becky said...

Well goodness... that certainly beats most patterned papers I see in stores. :) I don't have guidelines on my PTI list yet, *sigh* I guess I'll have to add it! Absolutely beautiful card Nerina!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh I LOVE it! It's just so feminine and pretty! :)

Sharron said...

Oh, Nerina--this is SO PRETTY! I just love what you did with Guidelines and Beautiful Blooms. The patterned paper is gorgeous!!

Amy said...

I love how you mixed beautiful blooms and guidelines! Your pattern paper turned out so beautiful!

Anika said...

This is gorgeous, Nerina! Thanks for the love you left on my blog! Congrats to you also for having your card featured on the CARDS blog as well!

Laurie said...

OH my goodness Nerina!! I absolutley love this! Your background paper is beautiful!

Paper Boutique said...

Ohhh Nerina the PP you have created is absolutely delish, the colors work together so well. It makes for a fab finished card!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh man!! I LOVE this card, Nerina! Your epiphany led to a stroke of genius here, my friend! I love the background you created and the focal image of button flowers. The gems are such a nice touch and I adore the bright ribbon. This is absolutely fabulous!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

I don't think I can adequately describe just how much I love this card, beautiful work!