Monday, July 5, 2010

Happily Ever Challenged

Hi! Ted has invited everyone to participate in his 8th Challenge - "Old Glory".


Not living in the U.S.A. there isn't often a need for me to create in Red, White and Blue. So this was really something different. I decided to go for a patch from a pair of jeans as the blue - with flowers and ribbon for the red ....


.... and LOTS of white!!

I can't believe this is the 8th challenge Ted has hosted - and the FIRST I've played in. Ted, you come up with some really creative ways to keep us inspired! I've often laughed out loud, reading through your challenge requirements!! Thank you! :0)

Best wishes to peeps popping in!

Have a fabby kind of day today!

:0)!!

**000**

Materials : Cardstock, Tea Dye; Button; Sentiment and Ink - Papertrey Ink; Embossing Folder - Provo Kraft; Flowers - Prima; Rhinestones - Kaiser and Walmart; Ribbon - Michaels

10 comments:

Anika said...

Wow! Nerina, you did a great job with this challenge! Love the bling with the denim!

Ted said...

See, Nerina? I told you that you would not disappoint and you didn't! :) I love the denim heart and the red/white flower is adorable. :) Thanks for taking part in my challenge!

Laurie said...

Oh my goodness Nerina! This is adorable! I love the heart and the stitching! Super cute!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Great card Nerina, love the denim heart with the bling, and the pretty red ribbon!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

A gorgeous card! Love the pop of red against the bluejean heart.

Sharron said...

Great job with the challenge Nerina! Love all the details--you always add just the right touches.

Amy said...

I've just got to bust out some denim! Your heart is fantastic!!

Terri said...

Great way to use denim and all the colors too.

Monica Kulenovic said...

This is such an amazing card, Nerina! Love how you added the denim heart as the blue color for the challenge. Beautiful job!

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is FABULOUS!