Saturday, July 10, 2010

La Provence!

Hellooooo Peeps! I hope you're having a happy weekend!!

I wanted to play along with The Play Date Cafe again this week. The challenge is part of a "World Tour" - the theme this week being Provence!!


The greatest challenge for me with this one, is that it was a COLOUR challenge, not a CONCEPT challenge :0) Doesn't the word "Provence" bring up all sorts of images for you? Weathered wood, terracotta pots, lavender, lemons, beautiful fabric prints - mmmmmm!

Here is my card interpretation - which hopefully manages to incorporate a little of both ideas into it!


Without a doubt my two favourite paper lines which have been released to date - are "Urban Prairie" by Basic Grey and "Thrift Shop" by October Afternoon. Both of them found a spot on this one!


Here is a glimpse at some of the Provencal influences I incorporated - my sentiment (smile :0), the weathered wood background, the patina of old writing, the "cafe curtains" in my card design and the lemons - which are an important source of revenue for the region!

So there it is. I loved making this one, and loved the challenge. Thank you so much for the opportunity to play along!

Blessings to you all!

:0)

**000**

Materials: Wood Pattern, Old  Writing, Sentiment Stamp - Hero Arts; Lemon Stamp - Flourishes; Buttons, Twine, Cardstock , Ink; Distress Ink - Papertrey Ink; Designer Papers - Basic Grey and October Afternoon; Labels Die - Spellbinders; Ribbon - Michaels

24 comments:

Melissa said...

This is so pretty Nerina! Love the lemons with the bright color papers!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the papers you used and all of the details! The lemons are a nice addition!!!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous card Nerinaa! I love the background script and all of those yummy papers!!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous card! Love the lemon images and they fit so well with the inspiration. Fantastic layers of paper! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

Heather P. said...

*GASP!* I absolutely LOVE this! Such a gorgeous card! The colors, your design, the patterns... Simply perfect!

Heather Jensen said...

So fun, bright and cheery! I have this paper and haven't used it in a while. Guess I need to break it out. :)

Diane Jaquay said...

This is STUNNING Nerina!!! I posted a card for this challenge today too, but nothing as amazing as this!

Lee Anne said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors you chose and that lemon looks perfect!

Amy said...

I am in LOVE with your design! Those colors are perfect with the lemon image!

Rhonda said...

Great design Nerina. Love the bright papers and the lemons popped up!

Anika said...

This is so pretty!! You did a fantastic job combining those patterned papers!

Stephanie Kraft said...

This is just lovely, Nerina! Wonderful mix of patterns and the lemons are fabulous.. So glad to have you join us at the Play Date Cafe!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful mix of papers, how pretty! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your card is SO pretty! I love the pattern papers and what a great way to incorporate the 'Provencal' feeling with the lemons.

Terri said...

Great job! Love all the different PP you used.

Aimes said...

Wowzers! There's so much pretty-ness on this card that I can't decide what to look at first!
Ah I love your style Nerina, it's so fun!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Tiffany Heilman said...

holy cats! I love this card. That is such a unique design (unique in a good way). I might have to case that.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Congrats! Such a beautiful card for 2 sketches for you, and this one is sweet and lovely too!

Melissa said...

wow! amazing card and congrats on the win over at 2Sketches4You!!

Sylvia said...

gorgeous card! I love how you cut out the lemontwig and the color combo is awesome - great layout, too. Just a perfect card :)
Sylvia xx

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, how beautiful, Nerina! I really love your interpretation of a Provencal theme, here. Think you hit it perfectly!! I love the ribbon treatment and love the greeting. The lemons are fabulous! I adore your paper piecing and love the balance of the buttons. You are soooo good, girl!
And thanks so much for the congrats on the Embellish baby challenge. Same to you! Your card was my personal favorite! :)

peggysue said...

Wow, another stunner! This is gorgeous, and although i have never been to provence and probably won't get there, but when i think of it, i see these colors and patterns. Congrats on your win as well girl! I think there will be more on the way!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

How pretty, I love this layout and the patterned paper along the bottom is so cute!

Sonia said...

I found your site in another blog, you did BEAUTIFUL creations.
Pretty CArd Nerina.
You can join in my challenge, visit my blog and follow the rules.

**Sony**
Sonia-Studio60