Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Magazine Inspiration (Scheduled Post)

Hi Peeps! I won't be here when this one goes up :0( my hubby has had a really stiff work schedule for a couple of weeks and needed to head for the hills for a few days! (No internet!)

I was playing around recently with another interior decorating magazine. This one was called "Decor" and was subtitled "The Most Elegant Rooms Ever"

I found this one and the wheels started turning ...


I was really drawn to the the wallpaper - by Cole and Sons ... the green curtains ... the raised panels on the woodwork, the crystal chandelier above it all....


And interpreted it like this. The strap leaves on the Lily of the Valley seemed to blend well with the inspiration piece ... I embossed over the image with the new "Linen and Canvas" impression plate from PTI - as good quality wallpapers often have a texture to them.

The white raised panels were interpreted with the white embossed strip, the chandelier with the silver heat embossed sentiment and rhinestones, the curtains are in the avocado card base.

Fun!

Thanks for stopping in and visiting with me ... one more scheduled post before I can play live again!

Best wishes to you all!

:0)

**000**

Materials: All PTI, except - Versamark Ink, Silver Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Lined Embossing folder - Quickutz; Rhinestones - Kaiserkraft

13 comments:

Laurie said...

Beautiful! I love the scored lined paper on the side! And the sentiment on the vellum is so pretty!

Terri said...

Great job. I really need to start using my year of the flower stamps too.

Lee Anne said...

This is so beautiful and a perfect interpretation of the picture. The vellum with the embossed silver is a wonderful touch!

Aimes said...

Awww missing you already, Nerina! So happy you've scheduled a couple of posts to keep us from withdrawal of your fab creations and this one is no exception - so pretty! Love the embossed panel down the right - totally balances the card!
Hope you're enjoying your break!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Cammie said...

Love how you channeled the room into this elegant card! Have a lovely R&R!

peggysue said...

Ohhh pretty! Look at the silver embossing on the vellum! Great addition but it enhances rather than detracts from the main image.

Diane Jaquay said...

Your card is lovely Nerina, and I can see why you were inspired by that picture!

Anupama Choudary said...

I am glad I found this awesome blog of yours. Love your card. Will come back and spend more time going thro' the older posts.

Kathy Martin said...

This card is so beautiful! Love the flower stamp and your sentiment on vellum! :)

Sharron said...

SO VERY PRETTY and your card is as elegant as the photo! I love the wonderful touches of embossing-- everything looks so balanced. Hope you are enjoying your break!

Melissa said...

Creative mind you have!! Love the inspiration!

Linda said...

Beautiful, Nerina! So much to say for the weeks I've been missing. Congratulations on the recognition received from challenges that is so well deserved. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and always kind words. I hope to be a regular again. Enjoy your special time with DH and come back newly inspired!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooooh, I SO see your inspiration with this! What a gorgeous interpretation of that photo. Yum, but I love your style!