Saturday, July 17, 2010

Moxie Fab Challenge

Hi Peeps!! Home again and my little eyes are closing on me as I type! We were stuck on the highway for over 2 hours today behind an accident. No one was hurt, but there was damage to their goods. I do feel so sorry for them!

I quickly wanted to post this and pop it in at the Moxie Fab world - for their "Finding Inspiration in a Layout" Challenge ... here is the layout we got to work with:


A few things appealed to me about this one ... the white border around the layout with the ribbon strip crossing over all of the layers ... and the circles, circles, circles ....


I turned the concept of the circles into a flower.... the blue leaves on the right hand side of the page found their way onto the card .... the pattern on the lowest strip of green paper reminded me of this egg and dart pattern ... and the buttons are represented ....


and some machine stitching :0)

This is a "Quirky" card! The colours really make me happy - they're so fresh!

I find the Moxie challenges a really great stretch!

Thanks for the chance to play along!

And thank you to all of YOU for leaving me so much encouragement and love while I was away! I haven't even had a chance to read all of the lovely comments you've given me! THANK YOU what a *great* surprise to come home to!

HUGS!

:0)!

Materials: Cardstock, Stamps, Ink, Button, Twine - Papertrey Ink; Designer Paper - October Afternoon; Rhinestones - Kaiser

14 comments:

Linda said...

Welcome home! Your card is lovely and a fabulous interpretation of the layout. Great flower!

Marinette said...

Oh ce que j'aime ta page, c'est si rare de voir un page sur ton blog, elle est vraiment magnifique, j'aime beaucoup la mise en page et le choix des couleurs
Un grand bravo

Christina said...

This card makes ME smile! What a fantastic mix of colors and patterns. I love how you turned the sentiment on its side, too!

Diane Jaquay said...

You know how much I love COLOR, and this card has it in spades!!! FANTASTIC work Nerina!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Great card! That sure is an inspirational page! :)

Kathy Martin said...

Great card! That sure is an inspirational page! :)

Rachel D said...

Love these cheery colors and cute circle flower. It's truly a "happy" card. :)

Sylvia said...

Love your card with all of the cheery colors!

Suzanne said...

Nerina, beautiful job with this challenge!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for entering the Finding Inspiration in a Layout challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

Monica Kulenovic said...

Welcome back! :) This is such a fun card. Love all the colors and patterns!

Terri said...

Welcome home. Great interpretation! Love all the colors and patterns you used too.

Laurie said...

Beautiful! I love the flower! The distressed edges are so pretty!

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous, as always, Nerina! I love your interpretation of that layout. Your layered circle flower looks fabulous and I adore the blue leaves. love the white border and your sentiment placement. This is just awesome!