Saturday, July 3, 2010

Papertrey Peeps Challenge #10

Hi everyone!! Two reasons for posting today - the first one is to wish everyone who is celebrating a

VERY HAPPY
FOURTH OF JULY!!

I hope you have a blessed and safe weekend!

My second reason for posting is to share my contribution to the Peeps 10th Challenge - which was hosted by our very awesome Heather Pulvirenti, who asked us to use White, Purple, Chartreuse, Turquoise and Grey together (enter into creative crisis right here .... !!!)

I have seen some people do beautiful things with this one - including Heather herself ... I just couldn't get out of thinking the project needed to be a bit funky - so that's the direction I headed in  :0)


Using this unexpected colour combination reminded me of the talents of  Heather and Dawn McVey - so I used Polka Dots and Damask Designs!

Blessings to you :0)

**000**

Materials - Cardstock, Ink, Rick Rack Die, DP, Stamps - Papertrey Ink; Alphabet Die Cut - Provo Craft; Green (leaves) - Unknown; Grey Copic Marker; Chalk - Craf-T Products; Ribbon - Michaels; Rhinestones - Kaiser

12 comments:

Terri said...

Nice job. You can never go wrong with polka dots and damask!

Christina said...

Your rose is a real stunner! Love the rhinestones in the center. Way to take on a tough challenge!

Heather P. said...

This is STUNNING! I soooooooo love this, Nerina!! :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Excellent Card! This is beautiful. Love how you have mixed the patterns.

peggysue said...

Nerina, what a wonderful touch to put those rhinestones at the center of the rose!

Amy said...

You are creating some gorgeous things lately! I love the strips of ric rac laying side by side!

Tiffany Heilman said...

cute card and funky it is!

Ted said...

Nerina, I see how it is...you'll enter OTHER PEOPLE'S challenges, just not mine! :P This card is GORGEOUS! I had to double-look at that rose... I thought you cut it apart and added dimensionals. I think you used the grey Copic? Wow! Stunning... and love the placement of the ric rac! Very charming! :)

Cammie said...

Nerina, this is funkalicious! So bright and bold, not just in color, but in design. I love it!

Sharron said...

This is gorgeous Nerina! Love your rose with the added rhinestones and the rickrack design looks wonderful!

Laurie said...

So pretty! I love the bling in the center of the flower! The rick rack detail is really cute!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

This is just beautiful, the colors are wonderful!