Tuesday, July 6, 2010

So **SWEET** of You :0)

Hi Peeps!! Yesterday I was over visiting Diane Jaquay who was playing along with "The Play Date Cafe". Diane said she had been visiting a number of blogs, seen cards for this challenge and was "digging this combination of colours" ... well I dug Diane's card AND these colours and wanted to play along too :0)!


Gorgeous .... Sigh.

These colours really reminded me of valentine candy - all those red and pink hearts ... so I made a jar of valentine gumballs (only 6 months early :0)


You'll notice that there is no focal point sentiment on the front. (Although the background is stamped with a multiple 'Thank You' image .... inside I have used the "So Sweet of You" sentiment from Papertrey's Signature Greetings ....


I added details in silver - as a neutral to my card for a bit of fun bling and to keep the overall appearance very light. There is also a bit of White Gold Glitter on the Jar topper and some Crystal Glitter added to the gumballs and 'jar shine' for some extra reflection :0)

Thanks Diane for being such a great source of inspiration! You rock!! And thank you to The Play Date Cafe for a chance to play along with them this week!

Best wishes to you all for a totally fabulous day!

The sun is shining in my part of the world for the first time in a while. It's gorgeous!

:0)!!

**000**

Materials: Cardstock, Ink, Ribbon, Button, Twine, Jar, Sweets and Interior Sentiment Stamps, Impression Plate, Jar and Scallop Dies - Papertrey Ink; Thank You background Stamp - Hero Arts; Rhinestones - KaiserKraft; Versamark Ink; Embossing Powder and Crystal Glitter - Stampendous; White Gold Glitter - Martha Stewart; Glue Pen - Zig; Foam Dots - EK Success; Pencil Crayons - Prismacolor;  Felt and Pink DP - Unknown; Other - Thread

25 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

How pretty your card is with all those sweet looking gumballs! I've seen several bloggers playing along for this challenge. So many different takes on the colors. Love yours!

Terri said...

Super cute! I especially like how you have the lid coming off a little bit too.

Anika said...

This is "So Sweet"! Love what you did with these colors! And look at that ribbon!! Gorgeous!

Diane Jaquay said...

You did a great job with the challenge Nerina, LOVE the jar of candy and the pretty ribbon and bling you added!! And thanks for the shout out, always happy to inspire :)

Paper Boutique said...

This is totally fabulous!!! love that color combo and gow it works on your card. I don't think it's ever so early for St. V! LOL

Suzanne C said...

Love it when you get an inspiration from someone else's inspiration! What a fun and sweet card! Love the jar with the candy. Beautiful design. Thanks for playing along with the PDCC.

Michele Gross said...

Oh I love this! What a fun image and I love the little details :)

Sharron said...

Big congrats on being selected as one of last week's Trigger Targets! Wonderful 'sweet' card today--the candy jar was a perfect choice for the red & pink and loved all your great details!

Angie Tieman said...

Very sweet card! Love it!

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute! Glad you decided to join us at the PDCC this week!

Amy said...

What a gorgeous card!! I LOVE the jar cards I'm seeing......makes my decision easier to buy this set!!

Lee said...

This is so beautiful. Love those colours, think I need to play along too. Well done on your Trigger Target award!

Sarah Anderson said...

Great to have you playing along at the play date cafe this week. More yummy colours to play with tomorrow. Love this card, the sentiment background is fab and the flower embellie yummy! :)

Cammie said...

This is indeed so sweet! Perfect for this color challenge. Love the little sparkle you added. Congrats on Tuesday Trigger! Glad you're having some sunshine.

Michele said...

Love the "bubblegum" colors used here! Such a fabulous card!

Hannah | Cards Magazine said...

Darling! I love your card.

Aimes said...

Oh you've had a blog makeover too! I love it! Seems like everyone has had one whilst I've been away LOL!
Never too early for a Valentine's treat in my book ;D I love your gumballs, they look delicious!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Paper Boutique said...

Nerina I decided to play @ The Shabby Tea Room, thanks for the encouragement and the link!

Paper Boutique said...

oops I wanted to ask you to stop by and check it out!

Susan said...

Oh this is gorgeous!! I love your ribbon treatment!

Sue Lelli said...

Your card is so gorgeous! LOVE the ribbon treatment and that red flower just JUMPS off the page!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fun fun fun image;) I just want to take one of those candies out and eat it!! Love it:) Thanks for joining us at the PDCC:)

Stephanie Kraft said...

This is fabulous, Nerina! LOVE the jar of gumballs.. so perfect with the colors! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe.. hope you will join us again this week!!

Heather P. said...

This is sooooooo pretty!!

Ruby said...

I never got around to finishing comments last week because I was away, so apologies this is late, but what a fun card and image for our challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!