Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Sweet Birthday Wish ...

Hi Peeps! Someone in town asked me if I'd be prepared to make some birthday cards for their family reunion - they're celebrating two 50th's, two 60th's and a 75th!! It's going to be a big day!

So here is one of the ladies' cards for the occasion. I thought it would be great to pop this in at the Caardvarks challenge too - where the focus is birthday cards to celebrate "My Favorite Things" fourth birthday this month! I have never played along there before ... so this will be a first :0)!


I used PTI's Sweet Peas for the focal image here ... and their Pretty Pastels DP as the background. I embossed the focal image with PTI's Canvas and Linen embossing plate after colouring it in ...


I used a dash of glitter on the flower centres to add some feminine sparkle ... and some seam binding for the bow.

I will be adding this to the challenge at the Moxie Fab World too - in their Shabby and Vintage catagory. This is my creativity threshold for Vintage and Shabby - I just can't seem to feel comfortable when I 'relax' it more than this!

So there it is :0)

Thank you for stopping by!

Smiles :0)!

**000**

Materials: Cardstock; Ink; Stamps; Designer Paper; Button, Twine, Tea Dye Duo, Embossing Plate - Papertrey Ink; Punch - Martha Stewart; Rhinestones - KaiserKraft; Corner Chomper; Chalks - Craf-T Products; Pencils - Prismacolor; Foam Dots - EK Success; Other - Thread and Seam Binding

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Nerina this is so pretty! I love the soft colors you used! Your coloring is awesome!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card Nerina. I love the soft colors and the added sparkle on the sweet peas.

Diane Jaquay said...

Just GORGEOUS Nerina! Lovely, soft colors, and those sweet peas look divine! I don't have the sweet peas but every time I see them used I wish I did ;)

Heather Jensen said...

Very pretty! This PTI stamp is one of my favorites. :)

Sue Lelli said...

This is so feminine and pretty! Now I MUST go buy that flower set, too! LOVE how you colored it and the bling! FAB!

TesaB said...

It's soooo pretty!!!! Amazing colors and sooo lovely vintage look!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous card, Nerina!! I love how you used that sweet pea stamp......the coloring and texture and glitter are just stunning. I love the colors and papers and design here. Fabulous big bow, scalloped edging and gems. And oh my, do I love your sentiment banner.

Terri said...

Very pretty! I love that background paper too!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)