Monday, August 16, 2010

Apricots :0)

Our neighbour had a bumper crop of apricots this year - and shared them with us, in buckets and bags!

So I guess the best thing to do when you get so much fruit is to make jam - and share a jar with the giver ...

My apricots are pitted, halved and frozen so far ... the actual jar of  "Thank You Jam" will have to wait until a convenient time to make it! In the meanwhile, this little jar will be going off to say thank you to our kind friends :0)


Don't you love that little gingham collar? I think this stamp set is squeezable, it's just that cute!

I 'rock and rolled' the jam filling and the fruit for the two tone look - and then touched it up with a little bit of pencil shading to finish it off ...


The final card looked a little 'cleaner' than the homespun twiney look I had originally imagined ... but I think this will garner a smile on the receiving end :0)

Thank you so much for popping in to see me!

Smiles for a totally awesome day!

:0)

**000**

Materials: All Materials Papertrey Ink, Except - Embossing Folder - Provo Craft, Pencils - Prismacolor, Versamark Ink, Embossing Powder - Stampendous, Gel Pen - Ranger

15 comments:

Amy said...

I just got my jar stamps today! Your card is absolutely fabulous and love how you added extra shading to the "jam"!

Linda said...

Lovely, Nerina. Your shading is fabulous and I love the little highlight on the label. The apricots look good enough to eat! Beautiful!!

Melissa said...

So very pretty! I love all the stitching, such a cozy feel! And your stamping and coloring is gorgeous!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

What a fantastic card!

Diane Jaquay said...

I just love this, and I'm certain the recipient will too, awesome work!!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Totally love this card, just adorable!!

Sharron said...

What a perfect thank you card--they will love it! Fabulous job with the coloring and the added shading makes it look so realistic! YUM!

Heather P. said...

Eeeeep! What a fabulous and totally cheery card! :)

Aimes said...

Mmmmmmm what a super neighbour to have :D
This card is so sweet not only do I love your shading but your mix of DPs too! I'd have never put those sweet papers together but they totally work!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Cammie said...

Nerina, this cheery card is sure to please the recipient! I love the gingham collar,and your coloring is fantastic!

Anika said...

So pretty, Nerina! Love the technique you used to color the jam jar. Enjoy those apricots!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Yum! I love apricot jam and your card will definitely be appreciated. Love the little details you have on it with the stitching and layering of the papers. Now's the time to use that set for sure! Have a good day!

Dana said...

This is so pleasing to the eye Nerina. We've had a bumper crop of apricots too, so I've been making tarts every week and freezing them!

Angy said...

Nerina, our tree had a pretty big crop of apricots and a summer storm knocked them off. My hubby collected them and I ended up making 5 jars of jam and 2 of apricot butter. YUM!

BTW - Love the card - I have all the jar makings in my cart just waiting for the one set to come back in stock. Going to have to order all of that soon.

Terri said...

Very cute! Hope you have fun making the jam.