Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Blooming, Happy, Hello!

Hi Peeps! It's been a while since my last update here - so here is a little number which was inspired by the great sketch over at 2S4Y this week - Laura's 59th!

I didn't only use the sketch - but mounted other embellishments over the top of it ... however,  the sketch elements *are* there - as the backdrop for it all :0)



My large flower is cut from felt - and I got to try some of my new Harvest Gold ribbon on this one .... mmmmm!


There it is! This card makes me happy! I really adore this paper line from October Afternoon - it's hard not to like anything that's made using it!

Thanks for popping in and visiting me again!

Blessings to you for a fantabulous day!

:0)

**000**

Materials - Cardstock, Buttons, Flower Dies, Leaf stamp, Twine; Inks  - Papertrey Ink; Border punch - Fiskars; DP - October Afternoon; Sentiment - Hero Arts; Also thread and silk ribbon.

22 comments:

Angy said...

Nerina,
This is amazing! I absolutely love it - the color combos, the little details. Just fabulous!

Christina said...

This IS a happy card! I love these papers too, and I love all of the fun elements you've layered on top. And that ribbon, be still my heart....{sigh}.

Aimes said...

Oh you took this sketch to the next level, Nerina!!! Love it! Oh that ribbon looks yummy, as does the bow!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your cards are so pretty. I love all the colors on this one with the different patterns too. And the pop of red is wonderful.

Diane Jaquay said...

So bright and GORGEOUS Nerina! I really like this sketch!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Wow, I love this and you are so patient cutting out that leaf image! I too love everything October Afternoon...I posted a card using this sketch today too but nothing as fab as your card!! {Hugs}}

Jennifer K said...

Stunning card, Nerina! OA is so easy to work with - I love all their papers. I can't believe you fussy cut that leaf stem - it turned out wonderfully!

Jen Carter said...

This is GORGEOUS!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!

peggysue said...

This is such a happy card and I love the color combination.

Dana said...

You are so good at combining elements I would NEVER have thought would work together Nerina! WOW. This is a bright, wake-up kind of card and I love it!

Kara said...

very pretty!

Amy said...

Love love the bright yellow bow!! It brings out the color in the papers you used!! Gorgeous!

Dana said...

Love, LOVE all the patterns, textures and layers, Nerina!! This card just screams "happy" :-)

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow this is beautiful!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

lynda said...

Wow, this is a stunning card!! Love, love, love the happy feel of it. Great colors, great design.

Sharron said...

Wow, awesome--I love the mixture of patterns and colors! Great cheerful, happy card--and the ribbon is stunning!

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty!

Terri said...

Great job! Definitely a happy card! Love all the different elements.

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy L. said...

just beautiful!! love the combo of colors and the flower is just awesome!

Heather P. said...

This is totally AMAZING! I love how there are so many details to take in and yet, it's not the slightest bit overwhelming. You ROCK!

Sue Lelli said...

OOOH! This card is eye candy!