Thursday, August 12, 2010

Caardvarks Christmas Part Deux

Hi Peeps :0) Still making Christmas things on this end. Gracious, I haven't felt this inspired for a while! Maybe it's because fall items are coming out on display in the craft world, but seasonal decorating just seems like a goodly thing to do!

I'm back at Caardvarks with this post. One more tag (another 3 like it on the way ...) and a little mini card ...

For my first tag I made a little "homey" scene with an old favourite song line ...


... the back of the tag finishes off the sentiment :0) We love that song ...


You can see the other three images waiting in the wings for their turn ....!

The little mini card will probably give someone toothache :0) Sweet colours on this one -


This is in keeping with my last epiphany about the "Guidelines" Sets, -  I made some more "patterned paper" for this one ...


A dash of Prisma Glitter and some Diamond Dust to finish off the snowflakes on this one too!

So there it is! Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings to you!!

:0)

**000**

Materials: Tag - Cardstock, Stamps, Ink - Papertrey Ink, Designer Paper - Basic Grey; Lables Die - Spellbinders; Ribbon - Michaels; Rhinestone - Kaiser, Embossing Folder - Provo Craft

Mini Card - Label Stamp - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Cardstock, Ink, Small Snowflake Stamps - Papertrey Ink, Medium Snowflake and Sentiment - Hero Arts; Large Snowflake - Fancy Pants, Designer Paper - Basic Grey; Snowflake Die - Provo Craft; Snowflake Punch - McGill; Glue Pad - Versamark, Prisma Glitter - Hero Arts; Diamond Dust - Flora Craft

ETA: A really HUGE, warm, humble and sincere thank you to Caardvarks for choosing my projects as a winner in this challenge! I really cannot say how overwhelmed I am and how excited!!!! THANK YOU *SO* SO MUCH!!!

29 comments:

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful idea! Very creative Nerina.

Chris said...

Lovely homemade paper...when I try and randomly stamp it just is never quite right...these lines help keep everything in order. And, no toothache here! :) Love it!

Dana said...

Such beautiful pastel colors on that chair Nerina. I just love the subtle, soft color scheme. Beautiful.

Lori said...

Oh Nina, how absolutely gorgeous!! I am in a Christmas making mood myself and like you, like using non-traditional colors!! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

THUNK!!! Nerina, I hardly know what to say, both of these are FANTASTIC! The tag is wonderfully creative, and I love the colors you've used on the tag and card! FABULOUS work my friend!

Sharron said...

Wonderful! I love your background paper and the pastels are fabulous--perfectly sweet creations!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful tags and cards. The colors make them look delicate and fairy like. Just perfect for the holiday season coming up!

Amy said...

Such amazing colors on your tag and card. I just love them. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Beautiful tag and card! Still love these papers!

xoxo

Aimes said...

OK you just know you hit my 'sweet spot' with that cosy chair didn't ya?!?! So sweet!!! I love the sentiment following onto the back!
Oh you're my Christmas inspiration, Nerina! I'll be coming here in December scrolling back to your August posts when I'm in a mad dash to make my Christmas creations LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Laurie said...

Nerina these are gorgeous! I just love the snowflakes!! Beautiful projects!

Anika said...

Your tag is adorable and that card! WOWZERS! So pretty!

Heather Jensen said...

Fabulous! Love the off center frame on your tag and that card is amazing. Love these colors together for Christmas. :)

Nathalia Castellon said...

Nerina I was so glad to see another entry of yours! These are quite lovely and I adore the color palette you're using! TFS!

peggysue said...

Oh my word, love the color palette! Love the chair and the snowflakes! The glitter! And summer has been soooo freakin' hot here I can truly appreciate a nice Christmas card or tag right about now!

Cammie said...

I feel cooler just looking at these soft sparkly holiday goodies! I adore the tag! I agree there is no place like home for the holidays! I want to live in that pretty pastel room!

Heather P. said...

EEEEEEP! I absolutely LOVE this tag and mini card... The colors just scream happy! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Sigh...........
Gorgeous holiday creations, Nerina!! Your epiphany of patterned paper design is absolutely fabulous!

Kathlene said...

Pastel perfection! Just beautiful. TFS!

Terri said...

Nice job on both of them. I love the little tag though! Super cute!

Jenyfur said...

Congratulations on your win at Caardvarks! Gorgeous tag. Email me at jenyfur1234@yahoo.com :)

Eva said...

Congratulations on winning at Caardvarks with this BEAUTY!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us and enjoy your new goodies!!!

Kelly Rasmussen said...

absolutely adorable tag! congrats on your win at Caardvarks and thanks for playing along! :)

Kathy said...

Congrats on your big win at Caardvarks. Your cards are fantastic and I hope to see more of your work soon. :)

Nathalia Castellon said...

Congratulations Nerina! I loved every single entry you created so this is a much-deserved win!!!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Such a beautiful tag! Love the colors and the shape of the tag. Congrats on your win! :)

Heidi Van Laar said...

Gorgeous Tag! Congrats on your win!!

(-: Heidi

Peet said...

Congratulations Nerina! Your tag is totally gorgeous!!!

Cindy said...

Gosh Nerina your tag is gorgeous. No wonder it won. I so love the chair image for a Christmas tag!