Sunday, August 8, 2010

Caardvarks does Christmas :0)

Hi Peeps - just a quick warning that this post is picture heavy - I do downsize my pics so hopefully you won't BE here 'til Christmas - I hope they download quickly for you! :0)

Caardvarks is doing a Christmas Challenge right now - either tags or mini cards. I don't know if it's because the weather has been getting cooler or because the smoke is finally clearing - which makes me  feel festive - but doing Christmas tags just seemed like a really welcome idea at the mo ... I enjoyed doing these so much I didn't want to stop. (I guess we'll have lots of tags this year :0)

I had recently purchased a set of Spellbinders Labels 11 - and built my tags around those...

First off a labour intensive one (if I did them all like this we'd have about 3 by December - heee!)


I used a dash of prisma glitter on the big snowflake and some Diamond Dust on the smaller one.


The DP's are a mix of Kaisercraft and PTI Papers.

I decided to work on some tags that could be mass produced and came up with these instead:


I found I could get 4 of these (with the embossed overlay) out of 1 sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper :0) The green scalloped pieces were out of my scrap pile (love it when that works out!)



Don't you love those little scroll images on the top and bottom? They come from Waltzingmouse's Vintage Labels 5 - and I'm quite in love with them at the mo :0) These tags are my favourites I think - because they are almost completely biodegradeable. Not much to lie around the landfill after Christmas is over!

The next ones are pretty simple! I used a technique I'd seen used by Maren Benedict - where she stamped in Cream ink and then embossed over it with Pearl embossing powder - on a dark cardstock.



Just one pearl in the centre and some ribbon to finish and it's done!



I did like the colours in the first tag and decided to try them on a smaller scale ...


I found that my McGill snowflake punch layered over the image from this label stamp perfectly.  There are only 3 of these because my piece of scrap Aqua Mist was only big enough to punch out three snowflakes :0) LOL!


More Prisma glitter on this one and a rhinestone for some more sparkle!

Thanks for letting me share that - I really enjoyed the creative process - somehow even the repetition was therapeutic great right now!

Thanks to Caardvarks for issuing the challenge!

Have a blessed day peeps!

**000**

(I'm feeling too lazy to type out a complete materials list - if you have ANY questions, leave me a note and I'll type one in! *wink* :0)

23 comments:

Christina said...

You've been busy, Nerina! What a beautiful collection of holiday tags. I especially love the simplicity of the second group, the white on white, and the fact that they are mostly biodegradable (always a bonus!).

recordkeeper said...

Beautiful work, friend! I love your attention to detail. I love your style! Makes me want to get to work! I love the ideas you shared!

Heather P. said...

Such GORGEOUS tags!!

Angy said...

Nerina, these are gorgeous...saw them in the PTI gallery and just had to check out your blog. You are fab lady!

Francie said...

Beautiful, as always!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Wow! you certainly are ready for presenting Christmas gifts with all those tags you've created. Beautiful!

Diane Jaquay said...

Your tags are gorgeous Nerina, I especially love the snowflakes on the Kraft!!

Aimes said...

Oh so glad to hear the smoke is clearing - I've been watching it on our news and thinking about you!
OK if my Christmas pressie came with a tag like the first one, you could give me an empty box because I'd just fall in love with the tag LOL!!!
Gorgeous tags! Bonus point for using your scraps!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Caryn said...

Oooh, you've inspired me Nerina! I love all of them but the pretty pastel coloured ones with all the bling really rock my world!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Amy said...

What gorgeous tags!! I am in love with the pink/aqua/white on craft ones. I absolutely ♥ that color combination and they all pull together so perfectly on your tags. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in with us at Caardvarks!!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Wow, you've been creating up a storm! I love all of these so much Kerry!

Amy said...

Holy cow! You've been busy....I love your first tags with the layered snowflakes in the pastel colors! Very pretty!

Sharron said...

Wow, you've been a busy lady! Love the sweet tags and how perfect to have these done early and all safely packed away for the holidays. Labels 11 is my newest Spellbinders and now I know what to use to make some great tags!!

Lee Anne said...

I love all of your tags! You have a great start on the holidays already!

peggysue said...

You have been busy! These are absolutely fabulous tags! And the best thing is, I have a few of those stamp sets!

Terri said...

Great job on all of them! I bet you will be glad you have these done when Christmas comes.

BethieJ said...

Nerina these are all BEAUTIFUL!!! I joined the challenge this week from your mention of it at PTI! :) So thanks.. now I am 2 tags ahead for the holidays!
Have a GREAT day!

Marinette said...

Quelle superbe production, tout est magnifique, bravo j'adore

Laurie said...

These are all amazing tags, Nerina! WOW! I love the first with the pink snowflake! So elegant and fun at the same time!

Lori said...

WOW Nerina!! They are all gorgeous!!!

Cammie said...

Such lovely tags, Nerina! I especially like the pastels and kraft and the peace tags.

Nathalia Castellon said...

I am simply IN LOVE with each and every tag you created Nerina! So glad that Caardvarks motivated you into creating these little lovelies for me to drool over! :)

Tyggereye said...

Cute tags! I love the first ones the most.