Monday, August 2, 2010

Embellish Challenge .... Pink, Brown, Green and Birds :0)

Hellooooo Peeps! Firstly today, I want to thank Ted - because I WON "Happily Ever Challenged" #8 - Wooohooooo! I scored a wonderful PTI gift certificate and a great blinkie (check it out on the right hand side there!) Ted's challenges are a lot of fun - and often come packed with a creative twist. Thank you *SO* much Ted!!

After the run of birthday cards I just made, I NEEDED a creative break. It's funny. But when you're making cards for non-cardmakers, they often aren't looking for the most creative thing or the most interesting technique on their cards. They sort of have an idea of what a card 'should' look like, and one needs to take that taste into consideration.

So I just desperately NEEDED to make something non-traditional and more creative. What better place to go to than Embellish Magazine? I just LOVE their challenges .... here is the eye candy for the most recent one ...


So, pink, brown, green and birds ... :0) Too much fun!


I pulled a mid-nighter to get this one done - but a girl has to do these things sometimes, don't you think? :0)

Do you see the little spot on the top left hand side of the card? The dinkiest little beetle found my card this morning and inspected it from top to bottom. He even walked around both of the ribbon loops! I feel like he put almost as much time into it as I did, so he has been recorded for posterity too :0)


The little bird is covered with a dash of prisma glitter for a bit of extra dash!

Aaaaaaaah. I needed that!

**000***

One last note before I go. We have so many wild fires raging in our area at the moment. These fires are often fought from the air. On Saturday evening, one of the planes in our area went down - taking the pilot and co-pilot with it, to their deaths.

It isn't unusual for us to have fires in the summer - or to see these brave people risking their lives for the people who live in our area. I just never know how to thank them enough and spend a lot of time praying for them and for their safety.

I just want to say on my blog today, THANK YOU. Thank you to those people who risk their lives in public service. Thank you for every single thing you do. It is so sincerely appreciated. It is never taken for granted by our family. We owe you such a debt of gratitude for everything you do - in the air or on the ground.

THANK YOU.

Thank you.

Thank you.

I also want to say to everyone I know, hug the people you love today.

Thanks peeps! :0)

**000**

Materials: Cardstock, Ink, Damask and Bird Stamps, Buttons, Twine, Ribbon, DP - Papertrey Ink; Scroll Stamps - Waltzingmouse Stamps, Sentiment - Hero Arts; Decorative Scissors - Fiskars; Dies - Spellbinders; Versamark, Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Rhinestones - Kaiser

17 comments:

Anika said...

Gorgeous card, Nerina! Love it and I guess that little bug did too!

Dana said...

Nerina, you really do astound me with your incredible talent. This card is amazing. There are so many little things to look at (including the beetle! *giggle*), that I could stare at it forever.

Agata said...

Wow! Beautiful card! You got those colors so bright plus such a great design! Love it! And thanks for sharing the story about those brave pilots!

Terri said...

Very nice. Who does that bug think he is? I don't even notice it though.:) Love the Damask and the bird image. I almost use that stamp for this challenge too. I am sorry to hear about the loss of those people. I hope the fires will be contained soon.

Chris said...

Really spectacular!! I can't even pick a favorite detail but I've never seen an impression made like you did on the green panel. Everything is so very elegant - no wonder even the beetle could not resist! :)

I'm so excited to be the sponsor over on Embellish Magazine this week. I have one more give away on my personal blog to celebrate!

Kathy Martin said...

Whoa! This is so pretty! Love the bright colors and the rhinestones! :)

Gayatri said...

Beautiful! Love the damask pink background. The flourish stand out on pink and green panel has so much detail on it. Just beautiful, Nerina!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Such a beautiful card! Love all the different layers to it. Sorry for the lost of firefighter in your area. Lots of wildfires going on in Colorado too. Will say a pray that you get rain to help put them out.

Sarah Martina said...

What a beautiful card, and beautiful words of thanks that you've shared. Thank you for sharing them both! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge!

Amy said...

Oh what a pretty card! You rocked the challenge both with the colors and your design! Congrats on your win on Teds blog!

Aimes said...

Well there's no wonder that lil' bug couldn't resist that card - it gorgeous!!!! There's so much going on but it all fits together so effortlessly - you totally rock this style Nerina!
Oh that's sad news about the fires - I hope the situation's improving...and I totally agree that you can't take ANYTHING or ANYONE for granted!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Angy said...

Cute! Love it - I didn't even think of that stamp for this challenge.

Sharron said...

Nerina, your card is absolutely GORGEOUS! You always do such an awesome job with details and this is another one of those cards that has me looking again and again. Is that embossing on the green section--it reminds me of embroidery.

Rhonda said...

The bright colors make me happy!! Love the bling.

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Wow, this card is fantastic!

Heather P. said...

*GASP!* This is just STUNNING!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Gorgeous card, Nerina! Thanks for playing along with us!