Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Embellish Does Clean and Quirky :0)

Hi Everyone! Time for another Embellish Magazine Challenge - the picture is UP! :0)


Oh so soft and pretty!

I scratched out a set of stamps from Basic Grey for this one ... cutie, quirky ...


Just a disclaimer on this one ... the layout of this card is not unique to me ... I can't remember off-hand where I saw it first - but it's rather similar to the cards made by Maile Belles and Mariana Grigsby in this challenge alone :0) !!

I tried to keep the overall appearance of this card simple - but with some sweet deets. The dragonfly was embossed with kaleidoscope embossing powder - which looks clear until it catches the light. I then went around the wings with Diamond Stickles for some extra dash ... and 'painted' the dragonfly body with Black Diamond Stickles ... again - it doesn't look like anything until the light flashes on it. The little flight trail was embroidered with gold filament thread.


So there it is! A huge thank you to the ladies at Embellish for another round of awesome inspiration and FUN!

Thank you to YOU too - for popping in and visiting me :0) !!

Have a good one Peeps!

:0)

**000**

Materials: Cardstock, Ink, Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Versamark Ink, Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Stickles - Ranger; Dragonfly Stamp - Basic Grey; Sentiment - Hero Arts; Punch - Fiskars; Embossing Folder - Provo Craft

12 comments:

Aimes said...

Oh this is so fun and sweet! You rocked that colour combo! I too have played along with this challenge - I couldn't resist but I've gotta find time to take a pic and upload it LOL!!!
Love the subtle sparkles!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Fabulous! Love how you have put this together. I see the subtle BG on the Kraft paper which is somewhat like the flowered top. Very, very nice.

Diane Jaquay said...

The dragonfly is SO pretty! I love the embossed background too; very well done Nerina!

Anika said...

This is so cute, Nerina! Love the colors you chose!

Sharron said...

Wonderful job with this color challenge! Love the background embossing and the dragonfly is SO gorgeous! The gold thread makes a perfect addition.

Terri said...

Nice job! Love the dragonfly and the embossed background too.

Laurie said...

Nerina this is too cute! I love the dragonfly! What a fun card!

Cammie said...

Great take on this challenge, Nerina! I love the embossed pattern on the kraft. The dragon is pretty in the photo, I can just imagine how shimmery it is IRL.

Jen Carter said...

This is adorable!!

Traveling Mama said...

And your card is so soft and pretty too! So happy to have you playing along with us! Hugs!!

Charlene Austin said...

You never fail to impress. This is AMAZING!!

Heather P. said...

Love, love, love this! Simply fab!