Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Fall Thank You

Time for fall cards and colours don't you think? Especially after all the delicious and delectable things which have been showcased during the last PTI countdown - Oooooh Yummy!!

Do you know that "The Play Date Cafe" is hosting their 42nd challenge this week? Here is what they shared as an inspiration piece -


Aren't those camels cute??? I didn't manage to get them onto my card - but the inspiration colours just looked so deliciously "fall-ish" to me .... and so here is where it went:


To add to the 'cosy' feel, I used felt for the flower ... and lots of shimmer for some elegance that seems to befit the season :0)


I started with some patterned paper and stamped the flourish, polka dots and text over the top of it, for some layering. The leaves were stamped and embossed with clear embossing powder for a little shine, dimension and visual interest.

The flower was cut out using my PTI Beautiful Blooms dies.

There it is :0) Thanks for popping in and visiting me!

Have a totally wonderful day (don't spend too much if you're at the PTI release tonight *wink* !)

:0)

**000**

Materials: Cardstock, Ink, Polka Dot, Text and Leaf Stamps; Button, Twine - Papertrey Ink; Flourish and Sentiment Stamps - Hero Arts; Glitter Glue - Ranger; Pearls - Kaiser; Ribbon - Michaels; Crochet Lace - No Time To Stamp

ETA: A huge *Thank You* to PDC for recognising this card in their honourable mentions this week - I'm so honoured - Thank You very much!

19 comments:

Rhonda said...

Calm, serene, and beautiful!! The flourish just fills it up. I love the camel pix!!

Heather Jensen said...

Beautiful! I love the embossing and the pretty lace with the satin ribbon woven in. :)
I can't wait for the Jar filler set for fall. That is #1 on my list. Not so excited about any of the other PTI sets this release.

Anika said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Nerina! Love it!

Christina said...

Beautiful, Nerina! I love that glittered flourish and the way you've accented it with the pearls. I just got the Text Style set so I can wait to try it out with the polka dots like you have here!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful! I love the details on the flourish design and the satin ribbon in the lace.

Stephanie Kraft said...

Just beautiful, Nerina! Love the felt flower and fabulous pearls.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Diane Jaquay said...

So many pretty details on this card Nerina, really well done!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! Love the flourish and the bling. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC!

Julie Ranae said...

I'm so glad that you made it over to The Play Date Cafe! This is a beautiful offering for our gallery and I hope it's just the first of many to come : )

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful TU card, wonderful felt flower! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Laurie said...

Nerina this is gorgeous! I love the soft flower and the bling! Beautiful!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fun fun fun card!! I love that swirl with the glitter and the pearls--and that flower is LUSH! Love that ribbon too--beautifully done;) Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Lori said...

Gorgeous card Nerina!! What great inspiration colors!!

Sharron said...

My, what beautiful details! Love the shimmer and the pearls and the script and polka dots--just FABULOUS card!

Heather P. said...

Simply gorgeous!!

peggysue said...

You nailed it girl, great use of color and that flower just pops! Love it! But . . . I don't want to have to ride on one of the camels.

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Nerina!! I love, love, love your take on that fun camel photo. The colors you used are perfect, and your stamping is amazing. Love the glitter on the swirl and the layered dots/text. That felt flower is so rich and elegant, too. I truly ADORE your work, my friend!! :)

Elise said...

*GASP!*

This is GORGEOUS! This card is a stunner - I'm, indeed, dizzy from its radiance! WHAT A WONDERFUL celebration of the PDCC color combo! Your work is AMAZING!!!! Yee Haw!

Terri said...

Nice interpretation. I especially like the flower and all the pearls.